W2 frame handle hunter // Grape vine knife

PaulDiStefano

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Whatsup bros, I've been making a few knives here and there. Just cant find the time lately. I made this hunter a couple months ago and was going to send it off for pictures but then decided not to and to just send my 1 year of making knives anniversary knife to Coop instead. (havent done it yet but i will) So now i finally took some lazy pictures just do i can show you guys.

Hope you guys enjoy.

Steel W2/ guard and pins are stainless steel except the middle pin which I am going to blue so It disappears and blends in with the handle. Stainless coined spacers which are buffed and nice and shiny. Giraffe bone scales which I know a lot of people aren't fond of for some reason but I actually love. Its like a cheap mammoth ivory alternative because I cant buy it because of where I live. The frame is W2 as well that is heattreated with random bits of clay so it has some temper lines around it randomly. In the pictures you cant see this because I covered it in wax to protect it until bladeshow.
IMG_1321.JPG
IMG_1322.JPG
IMG_1323.JPG
IMG_1324.JPG

this second knife is a knife Im calling the grape vine. I have an idea for future ones that I think is cool for the vine. I'm going to brash brush the vine only and then force a patina on just the vine so itll turn green and look like a green vine climbing up and around the black blade.

IMG_1332.JPG
IMG_1333.JPG

Next vine one try and put a wood bark texture on the base handle before you wrap the "vine". I know, easy for me to say.

Next vine one try and put a wood bark texture on the base handle before you wrap the "vine". I know, easy for me to say.
That's a pretty damn good idea. I'll have to try that out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back