Waiting on my Grizzly and contemplating earwax...

I think there is a direct correlation between ear wax buildup and how much BS you have to listen to on a daily basis.. I understand the Staff at the Rosie O'Donnel show have thier ears washed out with an industrial steam cleaner on a daily basis..HA!!

Take Care
Trace..

Giving up on Grizzly turned out to be the right decision. My new Bee variable speed grinder is here and it is sweet. Tracks well - good torque, even at low speeds - easy switch between contact wheel and square wheel - easy belt change and after hours or hard grinding, the baldor motor doesn't even warm up.

I like it!
biggrin.gif

Rob!

------------------
Rob Ridley
Ranger Original Handcrafted Knives

I wish i had the money for a sq wheel or a bee, but the grizz is about as much as i can pay for a grinder, so I am stuck waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting...

I waited three months for mine, and now that I have it, I'm very happy with it. Tracks really well, no parts get in the way while hollow grinding, and it's a thousand times better than any of the "hobbyist" equipment that I was using before.
Downsides, other than the obnoxious wait, are things like single speed, variable would be really nice someday, the soft rubber on the contact wheel makes it so hollow grinding can only be done with the sharpest belts, the platen had to be heavily modified, and the darned thing heats up like you wouldn't believe. I also burned out the wiring in my shop when I ran it at the same time as my Craftsman, so make sure to check your wiring specs before you plug it in, but that's the case with any industrial level tool.

------------------
Oz

"The problem with instant gratification is that it takes too long."
http://www.freespeech.org/oz/

Well, have to wait a couple of weeks on the Coote grinder- My used but good condition 140# Hay-Budden anvil is shipping today from Wallace Metalworks! Norm Coote was very helpful, and sent the brochure right out. The 8" 2x72 Grinder is going for $385, no motor. From what I have heard around here, this is the way to go. Now to build the forge, and the new workbench for the Coote grinder...
biggrin.gif

------------------
Don Carter
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."
Albert Einstein

Just ordered a Coote today, will ship in a week and a half, now I just need to find a 1hp motor.

Back