Wakazashi

Just finished this and its off to its new home. Pity I would have liked to keep it for a while, geuss I'll have to make another one.
Comments welcome.Thanks for looking.
Cheers Keith
WAKIZASHI-1.jpg

Hey guys thanks for the kind words. I'ts the best thing I've done so far imo. Here are the details. Forged W2 , clay hardened, triple temper. Shinogi-zukuri, torii-zori. Nagasa 465mm, 18 3/8", Sori 7.5mm, Kasane 6.58mm, overall length 640mm, 25 1/4". Habaki is made from some mokumemelt :eek: of silver & guilding metal ? brass seppa, copper fuchi & kashira,damascus tsuba. Blue silk ito over ray skin, silver dragon menuki. Black lacquer saya.
Thanks again for looking.
Cheers Keith

Having seen this blade "in the flesh" I can honestly say these photos, as good as they are, do not do it justice. Truly a spectacular piece!

I know its not intentional or deisgned, but am I the only one to see the bear in the tsuba? Very cool.

Larry
Tinkerer

Lorien

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
very nice, it's a vibrant piece that has good vibes.

Thank you all for the comments. At first I wasn't sure about the damascus tsuba, being non traditional and all, but it does add a little bling, as some of you have commented. Thanks again.
Cheers Keith

That is an absolute beauty. I don't know all the names, but the fittings over the blade and the guard looks great. I like it a lot.

Steve

I know its not intentional or deisgned, but am I the only one to see the bear in the tsuba? Very cool.

Larry
Tinkerer
Now that I've had a closer look, I can see 2 of em, 1 standing up ( lunging) and 1 sitting in profile? Maybe thats what I could have called eh. Pouncing Bear? Naw thats a bit lame lol.
Cheers Keith

Just like to say thanks again for your comments guys, really appreciate the feed back.
Cheers Keith