1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Waki blade thickness

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by gk4ever2, Feb 21, 2019.

1. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    Was a standard blade thickness ever set for the Waki? Just recently I measured a black coated one and it measured .186", and another black coated one is .206". I never realized they were different, but if you look closely you can see the .020" difference. Thanks!

2. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    I can't give a definitive reply, but I'd say that some variation in stock thickness from batch to batch is fairly typical for Busse & kin in general.

3. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    RMDs came with variations in stock thickness over the years as well.

4. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Agree. Most Busse / Kin vary a bit in thickness. I recently sold a coated (Tanker Grey) WAKI that was .20" thick. My Custom Shop satin FFG WAKI is .175" thick.

5. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I have owned Busse Game Wardens of 0.125", 0.143" and 0.170". And I know that "fatties" of the same model tend to be 0.190" to 0.220". So I have to figure that this is by intent, given the various intended uses by future owners.