Walker Almite

Just 2 little words: get one!
Mine turned up this week and I loves it me. Solid quality that you can take apart, al handles for a change (back to the future) and not too many around...I give it 4 spyders
biggrin.gif

OK Ferret I give up, that's another knife you've beaten me to
tongue.gif
. Every time I look at something and think that I wouldn't mind one of those, I find you've gone and got one already. Same with the CF Dragonfly. The only way I could beat you to a knife is to buy another brand
frown.gif
,nah unthinkable
redface.gif
. I think I'm going have to make that phonecall
biggrin.gif

Take care,

------------------
Clay

Don't worry that the world might end tomorrow....in Australia it's tomorrow already.

I’ve been considering one myself. Maybe you can answer three Q’s:

1) Folks have complained that the Walker Lightweight is prone to lateral blade play. Do the aluminum scales significantly strengthen its body?

2) Does the Almite coating scratch easily?

3) The Almite model (in the Spydie website pic) appears to have a slight cut-out by the liner-lock on the CLIP side, which does not appear on the Lightweight or the original “custom” model. Any reason for it?

Thanks!
Glen

Storyville,
1) Yes. There is absolutley no lateral play on my Almite Walker.
2) Nope. I tend to be hard on stuff, even when I'm not using it hard (just talent, I guess). There's not a scratch in the Almite finish after seven months.
3) It would make sense if they'd shaped the leaf so that it's even with the scales at the cut-out, but since they didn't, danged if I know.

------------------
Dave

P.S. If you can find one, buy it.

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of More Knives

[This message has been edited by dsvirsky (edited 03-19-2000).]

I have a couple Almite Navigators. They don't scratch easily, tho I must admit I'm a little more careful with them--all that means is I don't stick them in the bottom of a pocket of loose change. Still look spiffy. My understanding is Almite is more scratch-resistant than the stainless.

1)yes 2)no 3)I'm not too sure but the end result is that its easier for lefties like myself to open
smile.gif

WRONG ANSWERS!!! You all should've posted:

1) No
2) Yes
3) It's the worst feature Spyderco has introduced, ever.

It really would've made things easier if you all answered as I'd hoped.
smile.gif
(Sigh -- now I have to justify buying one ...)

Thanks for the feedback -- really!

Glen

------------------
Thank me -- my posts make yours sound smarter.:)

Back