Walking stick sword

Hi, new member here. I recently purchased a walking stick at an estate sale. It turned out to be a hidden sword walking stick. Trying to find out what I have, I've found some identical ones on-line that claim to be from the 1890's. Not being a swordsman, I was going to list it on eBay, (I am not looking for a value or offering to sell). I live in Pa. and am having a tough time trying to figure out if it is even legal to own this cane. Can anyone help me understand if it legal or not to own? Thanks

Hi, new member here. I recently purchased a walking stick at an estate sale. It turned out to be a hidden sword walking stick. Trying to find out what I have, I've found some identical ones on-line that claim to be from the 1890's. Not being a swordsman, I was going to list it on eBay, (I am not looking for a value or offering to sell). I live in Pa. and am having a tough time trying to figure out if it is even legal to own this cane. Can anyone help me understand if it legal or not to own? Thanks

It's generally legal to own a sword cane, but it is a major faux pas to take it out of the house. They are automatically considered concealed weapons because that is, after all, their purpose. Ordinances can vary by city, too, so the safe thing to do is assume that it is illegal to carry around. Since you are going to list it, it shouldn't be a problem at all; just make sure that it's in a fully sealed container when you take it to the post office. The internet is also a great place for bad advice, so calling or emailing your local PD might lead to more peace of mind.

Thanks for the quick response. I was confused by the all the different things I was reading, even the Pa. laws. Some articles said it was illegal to even own one.
Thanks again for your response.

Back