1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 29 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Ron Flaherty Folder , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Wallet advice

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by HOMER GRIFIN, Apr 9, 2016.

1. CARRERA50

CARRERA50

Dec 20, 2008
    Got 3 new credit cards in as many weeks; all with the damnable chip technology. I have given up my Saddleback front pocket for a RFID safe wallet that
    is a little bigger but affords protection against scanners in public places.
    I hate technology.

2. average gimp

average gimp

Jun 5, 2009
    Use a very bright flashlight and shine it through the cards. Locate the chip, and use a hole punch to remove it. Cards will still be valid. Don't do this with passports or state IDs/DLs, because that will invalidate them.

3. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    Flip Side wallet.

4. JB in SC

JB in SC Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2001
    I like the Mission Wallet in sharkskin, it's been very durable so far (I think I bought in 2009). I normally carry it in my front pocket addition to a very minimal Tumi wallet in my back pocket.

I have a Bill's Urban Wallet too, but it's a little large.

5. JB in SC

JB in SC Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2001
    While there are some, most chip cards do not use RFID technology.

6. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    Anyone have first hand experience with the SOE Micro Wallet?

7. LEGION 12

LEGION 12 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Bellroy card wallet. [​IMG]

8. Maven

Maven

Nov 27, 2015
    http://www.saddlebackleather.com/credit-business-card-wallet-usa

Saddleback WITH RFID blocking ;)

9. dukyno

dukyno

Jan 29, 2016
    I just buy minimalistic leather Nero wallet. I have new cards with NFC, so I was looking for wallet with RFID protection.
    So here is my new EDC wallet :)

9 cards (debit and credit cards, ID and driving license etc), some bills and coins, some coupons...and it is still half size of my old wallet.

[​IMG]

With my victorinox rangergrip 79
    [​IMG]

10. average gimp

average gimp

Jun 5, 2009
    All the RFID-proofing that's needed for credit cards:

[youtube]r45kdZeqnx8[/youtube]

11. MaliStaff

MaliStaff

May 15, 2016
    Spec Ops

12. NaturalMystic

NaturalMystic

May 24, 2006
    BigSkinny wallets are pretty cool. I've got three different models, the last 2 I just purchased last week on clearance - 80% off (Curve Bi-Fold for $6.38 and the Flip ID L-Fold for $7.48) at my local DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse). They're lightweight black nylon. My first one was a slim bi-fold (cant remember model name) which I purchased around Jan 2015 and it's still like new.

13. CommanderSpock

CommanderSpock

May 30, 2016
    I have gone with a Paul Smith leather wallet for a long time. It doesn't seem like it but it's a great, durable, and front pocket carry wallet.