1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wally World Bucks

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by sean1999, Jan 1, 2017.

1. sean1999

sean1999

Sep 28, 2007
    Received a $40 gift card which can only be used in-store at Wally World. Already have two 110's and picked up the new Mesa recently. Would like some opinions on the Buck Bantam or any other Bucks sold in-store at Wally World. Would definitely prefer the USA made models. Thanks!

2. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    reaper is an interesting knife. wally around here has the wood handled versions. also supposed to be a non black coated blade version in wally. not sure when it hits though.

3. Brownwm

Brownwm

Jan 1, 2016
    If you're into folders your gift card would cover this and then some. The U.S. made 715 Ascend, an exclusive to Wally.
    [​IMG]
    I've had it for a while, I really like it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4. David Martin

David Martin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 7, 2008
    They usually carry a 119 fixed blade.? And sometimes you can find the gift tins on sale. DM

5. Brownwm

Brownwm

Jan 1, 2016
    Yep, I was there yesterday, they always have the 119 and 110 it seems. Tins where being cleared out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6. jday2727

jday2727

Jul 8, 2015
    Love the 715

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

7. David Martin

David Martin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Now is the time to snag a gift tin. Perhaps you forgot someone on your Christmas list. Five years ago I got 2 of these for 30$ on close out. DM
    [​IMG]

8. plb

plb

Jun 22, 2013
    I would agree that the 715 is a really nice, unique knife. The Kalinga blade shape is very cool and at 3.25 inches it is just about right for a lot of tasks. The aluminum handle material has a matte finish that is surprisingly grippy and the weight comes in at a hair under 3 ounces. The pocket clips makes for a deep carry that conceals its true size, 4.5 inches closed. The fit and finish on mine is excellent. The best part is that it's Made in the USA - and you'll have some money leftover on your gift card!

9. sean1999

sean1999

Sep 28, 2007
    Thanks for the recommendations everyone! I'm really liking the 715 Ascend. Will see if my local Wally World has it. Never knew the gift boxes existed, will keep an eye out for them in future.

10. fatboy148

fatboy148

Oct 3, 2007
    Our local WW may or may not have had one of this years B & C 110's in the tin today for half of what was listed above. Wish I had gone there prior to today, I could have played Opra, " A 110 for you, a 110 for you, ..."

They still had lots of this years Kershaw gift packs for a lot less than the 110 too.

11. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    Ad for Kershaw?

12. fatboy148

fatboy148

Oct 3, 2007
    Not at all. Just telling what I saw for someone that may be interested while trying to stay away from specifics and a scolding by 300Bucks. :)

They had some other manufacturer's leftovers too but I didn't feel they were as good of a value (at their current pricing) as the Buck (and the one Kershaw package).

13. imafritz

imafritz

Dec 30, 2008
    I have found that if you want a better selection of Bucks to choose from at wallys, you got to go to rural/country locations. Around Pittsburgh you get 110's, 119's and Chinese. My wife picked up a reaper at the Grove City Pa location in August. Grove City/Slippery Rock area is pretty much the sticks.

14. W.M.B.

W.M.B.

Oct 11, 2013
    You might find a larger selection on their website.

15. Pondoro2310

Pondoro2310

Apr 13, 2014
    If you don't have a 119 they are nice. The Bantam is handy, I keep one in my suitcase (too big to carry on a plane), if I fly someplace I always have a knife when I get there.

16. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    true down here too. farther out from the big city better selections and stock. makes sense as country folks need and use knives.

i know those areas. spent many summers as a kid in and around pittsburgh. have relatives still in westmoreland county areas and alleghany.

17. bucksway

bucksway Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 7, 2007
    Wally is famous for steeply discounting Bucks in the past after the holidays so be sure to check for clearance knives this month. In the 2010 to 2012 sales of 110 tins folks picked them up for as cheep as 10.00...Can you imagine buying a big bag of USA made Bucks for that?

18. imafritz

imafritz

Dec 30, 2008
    I live about a mile from the Westmoreland line in Allegheny. Belle Vernon wally used to have a better selection but not so much anymore.

19. Woodcamo Nut

Woodcamo Nut

Apr 15, 2014
    Picked up the 110 that comes in the tin for only 17 dollars at Wally's, I couldn't pass that up when I saw it on sale for that price, and the fit/finish is a bit better than my 2014 Buck 110.

20. Steve6387

Steve6387

Jul 1, 2013
    +2 on the 715 ascend. Useful size and blade shape. Grabbed one when my local was out of the 110s. It's my current edc.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk