Walmart Holiday Bucks Sets

Nope, but my Wallyworld is allergic to knives. We use to have the regional buyer for Wallyworld commenting here but I think he was insulted so many times by someone who is now banned that he left for good? That's my guess?
Don

Nope, but my Wallyworld is allergic to knives. We use to have the regional buyer for Wallyworld commenting here but I think he was insulted so many times by someone who is now banned that he left for good? That's my guess?
Don

He's still here. I believe he's moved from WM to Sam's club though (though he didn't have to go far). He last commented in the 120/110 Cocobolo thread. Perhaps he'll see this and chime in. <crossing fingers>

He's still here. I believe he's moved from WM to Sam's club though (though he didn't have to go far). He last commented in the 120/110 Cocobolo thread. Perhaps he'll see this and chime in. <crossing fingers>
Good, I hope he stay's with us, he seem's to be good people and was very informative and caring for what we had to say. We need more like him...
Your right Greg, they probably just changed what kind of chair he was sitting in... Ha!Ha!

Don
same here. no knives at closest ones but junk knives. have to drive to further out ones for guns, ammo and quality knives like bucks. course if online i can use their pickup at my closest store or online buy systems and usually do.

same here. no knives at closest ones but junk knives. have to drive to further out ones for guns, ammo and quality knives like bucks. course if online i can use their pickup at my closest store or online buy systems and usually do.
Some of the stuff like that online I have to have it shipped? They won't give me the option of in-store pick-up for the store closest to me? It's 1 of 2 original stores in town. Now we have 6 or 7 counting the community market ones.

Some of the stuff like that online I have to have it shipped? They won't give me the option of in-store pick-up for the store closest to me? It's 1 of 2 original stores in town. Now we have 6 or 7 counting the community market ones.
yep. forgot to say or ship to my home. works better. good point, Sir.

Forgot to look when I was at my nearest Walmart ( Im in a little town surrounded by farms , so the nearest is 35 miles away ) , while I know they do sell buck knives and some other American made knives, I've only seen cheeper Chinese stuff in gift tins. ( Ie 10$ for an ok Chinese Gerber and a crappy flashlight )
Currently I'm waiting for the Buck 119 to go on sale so i can swap for a lefty sheath through Buck and keep the cost below $50.

Last edited:
Forgot to look when I was at my nearest Walmart ( Im in a little town surrounded by farms , so the nearest is 35 miles away ) , while I know they do sell buck knives and some other American made knives, I've only seen cheeper Chinese stuff in gift tins. ( Ie 10$ for an ok Chinese Gerber and a crappy flashlight )
Currently I'm waiting for the Buck 119 to go on sale so i can swap for a lefty sheath through Buck and keep the cost below $50.
The best Wallyworld here is across town about 25 miles away. This use to be a fairly small city for CA but the LA people found out how cheap our housing was and we got invaded. Now no one can afford a house here? Go Figure?
You may know this the Buck website has lefty sheaths for sale. If you need one for a knife that you already have.

The best Wallyworld here is across town about 25 miles away. This use to be a fairly small city for CA but the LA people found out how cheap our housing was and we got invaded. Now no one can afford a house here? Go Figure?
You may know this the Buck website has lefty sheaths for sale. If you need one for a knife that you already have.
I don't own a 119 yet and the right handed leather sheath is why, I want a 119 with a factory lefty sheath with minimal extra cost.
I saw the sheath on their website and decided to contact them about it, they told me I could most certainly send them the new and unused leather sheath to them with a note and they'd send me back a left handed one.
Surprisingly with all of the " Honeywell new homes " being built in my small little NorCal town, they haven't added anything more than a crappy Dollar general.
Lots of people come into this Walmart wearing their hunting camo, so you'd expect them to sell Buck knives there.
They always have the 110, try to keep the 119 in stock, have the bantams, their Chinese slipjoints , and other various modern type Buck knives here and there, but the only Buck gift tins I've seen there was those blue G10 Chinese slipjoints.
Anyways I'm hoping the 119 goes down at least a few dollars below $47.50, but if not I'll probably just bite the bullet because $60 said and done if I'm lucky isn't too bad for what you get.

Last edited:
Did you talk to customer service about just putting a lefty in when you order the knife? It might be better than trying to do the swap thing? I don't know how you feel about it but if you PM me your email, I'll look in my mushroom closet and see what I can come up with? What do you think?
Don

Has anybody seen any at Walmart yet?
Sporting Goods dept manager in Mason City, IA told me yesterday they had come in, I never got around to looking to see exactly what was available though. I work in the tire shop and it was a shorthanded, wildly busy day.

At Walmart today I found the following Holiday Combo sets in ornamental tins. Made in China. This is the earliest I've ever seen them.

389 Canoe & 385 Toothpick in faux stag
379 Solo & 382 Trapper in black pakkawood
356/357 Collector Set. Matching large and small linerlocks. Did not see a model name.

Last edited:
I think I saw a box set at Cabelas, but I think they were all made in China. I know I saw a Schade box set in the next bin.

Just out of curiosity, when did Walmart start carrying the D2 Rat 1 folder. I noticed them at a couple of Wall Marts I checked out.

Did you talk to customer service about just putting a lefty in when you order the knife? It might be better than trying to do the swap thing? I don't know how you feel about it but if you PM me your email, I'll look in my mushroom closet and see what I can come up with? What do you think?
Don
I was informed that this is an option, but the 119 cost about double on Bucks website.
Btw I'm not too sure about what you meant by see what you can come up with.

My holiday tradition every year is to go to Walmart and look for Buck gift tins. The ones closest to me rarely have them before December. I've had better luck at Academy Sports&Outdoors.

I was informed that this is an option, but the 119 cost about double on Bucks website.
Btw I'm not too sure about what you meant by see what you can come up with.
I guess I'll come right out and say it. What's your budget for a 119? Does the date code make a difference to you? I didn't want to air out the laundry but you don't have the option for me to contact you. That's why I asked you to PM me. I was trying to help you without everybody knowing about it!
Don

I guess I'll come right out and say it. What's your budget for a 119? Does the date code make a difference to you? I didn't want to air out the laundry but you don't have the option for me to contact you. That's why I asked you to PM me. I was trying to help you without everybody knowing about it!
Don
Oh now I feel silly :( sorry about that.
I just want to finally own a Buck 119, and have no preference for any particular year.
Now I don't exactly have a set budget , but I think if I found a 119 at Walmart for 40$ I'd probably swipe it up not expecting them to drop any lower.
I'll PM you with my email address.

Back