War Chief tomahawk and some Java

Had to do some yard work recently and I used my James Helm (Storm Crow) "War Chief" tomahawk to move some downed logs by using the spike and moving the logs to another area of the yard (I didn't want to reach into the logs and be surprised by a fanged critter using the logs as shelter:D). I then grabbed a few various pieces of wood and began making fuzz sticks and tent pegs just for fun. I used the flat part of the hawk to drive the pegs in the ground. Using the spike, I split smaller pieces of wood and put them in the wood stove. After a few minutes, I was enjoying a cup of coffee:)

My skills as a bush crafter are very poor, but this was all about getting out in the back yard and having fun with a tomahawk.

Nice work. I don't step into the woods w/o mine.
To step into the next level you'll have to make pine needle tea!

I guess I make 3 cause my wrecker never leaves my side either. It rides in my truck, when I'm on the mountain or next to my bed when I sleep. It has become my favorite blade I owned

I guess I make 3 cause my wrecker never leaves my side either. It rides in my truck, when I'm on the mountain or next to my bed when I sleep. It has become my favorite blade I owned

My wife is starting to get jealous cause the hawk doesn't leave my side. I finally had to compromise with her, so now when I snuggle with it at night, I make sure the kydex sheath is on it...:eek::p

My wife is starting to get jealous cause the hawk doesn't leave my side. I finally had to compromise with her, so now when I snuggle with it at night, I make sure the kydex sheath is on it...

Yikes we are from the same mold.

Situation: me watching TV. Wife asks-"whys your tomahawk on the coffee table?" :D

How did I make it the first 51 years on the planet w/o a hawk?

Yikes we are from the same mold.

Situation: me watching TV. Wife asks-"whys your tomahawk on the coffee table?" :D

How did I make it the first 51 years on the planet w/o a hawk?[/QUOTE]

Yep.....I can relate. Generally it's a hawk....if not a kukri or sword. Regardless.....I have one of my babies either in hand or just a few feet away anytime I'm just hanging out at home. Been this way for many, many years. I'm sure if someone just happened to stop by it would look very odd but at home, it's just normal for me. Obsession?......I would say at the very least it would be classified as an obsession.

I've been out with the flu, and come back to find this thread. Very cool to see it at work! :)

Y'all be careful with the bladed things around the house. I accidentally killed a loveseat once with a khukuri. :( My best friend took his college graduation present knife that I made him to bed the first night he had it. Good thing he had a sheath for it. :)

I've been out with the flu, and come back to find this thread. Very cool to see it at work! :)

Y'all be careful with the bladed things around the house. I accidentally killed a loveseat once with a khukuri. :( My best friend took his college graduation present knife that I made him to bed the first night he had it. Good thing he had a sheath for it. :)

Ha ha that made my night.

I used my wrecker today to break through 4ft by 10ft of 8 in thick ice that covered part of my driveway so we could safely drive without crashing into each other. It worked like a charm.

Doing well except for my voice still being wonky. :)

Shaw11b - Dang! That's a lot of ice! Back when I had a real job edumacatin' young 'un's about their letters, I had high schoolers that saw their first-ever frozen precipitation down here. :D

It certainly looks like it was up to the task and could do a whole lot more.

Doing well except for my voice still being wonky. :)

Shaw11b - Dang! That's a lot of ice! Back when I had a real job edumacatin' young 'un's about their letters, I had high schoolers that saw their first-ever frozen precipitation down here. :D

Yeah here in MT it's has been a lot of snow, then a -20 to -30 temps then it warmed up melted some than refrozen and the rain then snow and cold temps. It has been a crazy winter. Since where I live they don't really plow the road or drop salt we get a lot of ice build up in my neighborhood, and I got tired of slidin in my driveway so I wanted to do something about it. So naturally I pull out the Wrecker and go to work. I'll try to get some pics of the ice mountain I created. But once again the Storm Crow hawk does the job.

shaw11b,

I can't wait to see pics of the Wrecker takin' care of business on the frozen ice. The more I use my War Chief 'hawk, the more I realize what an incredible multi-tool it truly is.

n3q62c.jpg

Get ready for action shots to follow-Camping next week

Looking forward to the camping pics with the Wrecker, WJC101! Needs a Little Rok or a Benghazi Warfighter for the knife, though. :D

Back