WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGE - i learnt an important lesson......

I noticed the same thing! I didn't recall ever seeing someones flesh put together like that with hexagons. lol The bandage theory holds water for me!

Hope it heals quick!

there was a little disc of skin about the size of an aussie five cent piece taken clean off. not enough to bother stitching back on.

Nothing a bandaid can't hold together then. ;)

Lucky, could have been much worse.

Looks like were painted from the same brush...I just cut myself while reading your thread.:foot:

Got a similar if not worse wound from a mandolin slicer a few months back. Took forever to heal. Total pain in the ass. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

I can't stop looking at those hexagons in the skin...

i'd classify them as triangles myself....

I assume that's from the bandage?

bingo!:thumbup:

Nothing a bandaid can't hold together then. ;)
that's what's covering it now.:D

Lucky, could have been much worse.

yeah, no kidding. could have been a Thor through the Achilles....

Looks like were painted from the same brush...I just cut myself while reading your thread.:foot:

d'oh!

gieb pix?

i had just sharpened my kabar once and had it laying by my hand while i was watching tv. something cought my attention and i accidentally pushed the side of my hand into the knife. best part was, even though i could feel and see it cut deep, it didnt really bleed much becuase of how clean the cut was. always got to remember basic knife safety.

Man that looks like it'll hurt for a while. I had a close call the other day, cutting cordage on a table, and slipped. Carved a chunk outta my nail but was fine.

Maybe I just get lucky, but I play with my knives 24/7 drunk or sober....still playing with them.

Took a chunk of my knuckle skin off recently on my right hand (I'm a leftie) and found the chunk still on the edge of my recon scout. The first thing I though about was "Yesss! My convexing attempts are finally bearing fruit!".

glad to know i'm not the only dolt who's managed to do themselves a mischief.

that NL1-Thor certainly did the job on oldmates heel.

D'oh! Hey that dolt was me, haha! :eek:

That was almost a year ago, and my ankle still hurts! I've got most of my movement back, but the scarring will always look nasty.

That thumb wound looks awsome! LOL! ....Funny thing is, the reason I dropped that Thor knife was because I sliced off the tip of my finger just like you did your thumb!

....I think I "play" with my knives too much ....I've also dropped and stuck a knife through my foot when I was younger, and had a throwing knife bounce back and stick in my wrist when I flung my hand up to block my face!

...Live and learn ...right!? :)

-Heal quickly buddy!

The irony of this post is. Friday night I cut alot of the tip of my big toe off....looks like I aint the only one to run into some misfortune with knives as of late.

Some guys need to wear a Kevlar body stocking when handling blades. I personally find it helpful to turn off the TV and focus on the task at hand when edge tools are involved. Then again, I like my blood and want to keep it all on the inside.

thanks for all the good wishes!

it's scabbing over and seems to be healing up ok. i'll post a follow-up pic in a couple of days.
( Do the souths EVER win ?)

nowhere near often enough.

us poor bunnies fans have had a LONG time between drinks.

mind you, i have $20 on them to win the premiership this year. @ 40:1 odds :D

Back