1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Warranty

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Bushcraft Forever, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Bushcraft Forever

Bushcraft Forever

Aug 6, 2015
    Good morning everyone,

I have a question regarding Fiddleback's warranty.

Does the warranty follow the knife, or does it only apply to the original owner?

Thanks in advance!

2. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    Our satisfaction guarantee cover's the Original Purchaser only.
    "All Fiddleback Forge knives come backed with a general warranty. Given the quality of the product, you should be happy when you receive it. However, if it is not to your liking, you can return the unused product within the first 30 days of owning it. After we have received the knife in unused condition, we will refund the purchase price. This excludes the return shipping, which is not covered. To make a return, please follow the guidelines in our Return Policy."

Our Performance guarantee follows the knife.
    "We guarantee our knives to be free of defects from normal use and will repair or replace if necessary. Natural handle materials such as stag, bone, wood, pearl, and ivory may shrink, crack, and discolor with change in humidity, temperature, or age. This normal and is not covered under this warranty."

Hope that helps!
    https://fiddlebackforge.com/pages/warranty

varga49, Oyster and Choppaman like this.
  3. Bushcraft Forever

Bushcraft Forever

Aug 6, 2015
    Yes, thank you. I was interested in the performance warranty.

Fiddleback likes this.
  4. varga49

varga49 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    There is also something called “Spa Treatment”. I have one “in” myself as I write this @VANCE, it’s out of your own pocket of course but a fine deal.
    Because you sound like maybe you’re new to the forum allow me to be the first to tell you that the men and women at Fiddleback Forge are All good folks aka regular, honest, fun loving people, with a passion for knives. Not to mention the forum members who make up a pretty broad friendship based community of folks here. All of whom will go a long way to help one another. Use the forum and read as much as you can if you are inclined to. And consider yourself a welcomed member.

blue333, Nbrackett and VANCE like this.
  5. ndmiller

ndmiller Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Regardless of the warranty if you have an issue with one of their knives, contact the folks at Fiddleback. While it may cost the end user due to wear, materials and age, they can make just about anything within reason like new again......Andy stands behind his work.

Fiddleback, varga49 and Nbrackett like this.
  6. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    My idea with the warranty is always to try to go beyond what it says. Standing behind the product has always been our best marketing tool.

7. Bushcraft Forever

Bushcraft Forever

Aug 6, 2015
    There is no issue with the knife at all. I just wanted to know if the warranty followed the knife in case I were to ever have a issue.

It's nice to know that I'm covered. It's a wonderful knife, and I do not anticipate ever having a problem.

Fiddleback and varga49 like this.
  8. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    Great! I'm glad you're liking it!

Bushcraft Forever likes this.
  9. varga49

varga49 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    Hey let’s see a picture of it

10. Bushcraft Forever

Bushcraft Forever

Aug 6, 2015
    Here you go.

[​IMG]

NoRest and VANCE like this.
  11. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    Nice score. One of my greatest pleasures is to see my knives get used.

12. Bushcraft Forever

Bushcraft Forever

Aug 6, 2015
    I'll bet. This will be a safe queen no longer. She was a safe queen when I got her, but I took care of that in a hurry.

The handle just melts in my hand like no other. I just can't imagine owning a beautiful knife like this, and not using it. You made this sucker to work, and work it will.

VANCE likes this.