Was the Condor Eco-Survivor machete discontinued?

The Condor El Salvador style 18" Eco-Survivor is one of my favorite tools. I was going to recommend it to a friend recently, but the stores he can use don't carry it at a reasonable price anymore.

Has it been discontinued? I can't imagine why, since it is basically perfect.

Condor's website doesn't list it anymore. They've got some sort of golok with a similar name and color, but not an El Salvador pattern.

Why not just get the El Salvador? Baryonyx still has the 18" Eco-Survivor listed on his website for sale.

Added: Didn't see it on the Condor website. Yes, the Eco-Survival Golok is listed which is basically just their regular golok with the orange eco handle on it. It does appear to be discontinued. So, I would order promptly if I was in your shoes.

Last edited:
So, I would order promptly if I was in your shoes.

This thread isn't about me getting an 18" Eco-Survivor. I've already got one.

This thread is about my continued ability to recommend this product to others.

Also, you said "Why not just get the El Salvador?" If you meant the regular El Salvador pattern, it has different specs to the 18" Eco Survivor, and hence not a substitute. If you meant the El Salvador Eco Survivor, then its availability is what the thread is about already.

I think you're on your own. You wanted to know if it was discontinued, to complain if it was, and complain that your friend can't buy it where they would normally buy it. Condor will do what makes sense for THEM in terms of continuing to offer a certain model or discontinue it. Good luck.

Added: The wood handled 18" El Salvador is one of my favorite machetes. Costs more, almost double relative to the Eco version. The 16" Swamp Master is another great Condor machete. I use it and the discontinued Puerto Rican (14") as much as the El Salvador. I have two of the El Salvador machetes (one wood handled and the other a soft poly handle). I got the poly handled one at Blade for $20 from Condor as it was discontinued at the time. Hell of a bargain.

Last edited:
Back