Watched the CRK factory tour

What in the crap are you babbling about? Who is piling on who here? My question was an honest one, as I did see you mention you were going to sand your washers at one time. No need in being so defensive about it Mr. sensitive! :rolleyes:

Not aimed at you! Its just Ive only been around a short time and everytime I start a thread there are many here (or were, now they are on my ignore) whose only purpose was to pile on and get my threads closed. Im not re-hashing looking back, I dont care. If people hate me so much why in hell do they keep coming into my threads that I started with a sole purpose to close the it? With over 6,000 posts, Im sure you know you are well aware what goes on here.

I've never been a member of a forum that had a whine and cheese room for the animals to run free and insult each other!

I mentioned the washer thing because in another thread many were all over me when I said I watched a video on thinning the washer down and many were all over me as "you don't ever alter a CRK, its already perfect, dadgumit"! Seriously, you have not seen any of those discussions in my thread or others???

And I always love the kind hearted opinions of those that tell me I should look for another brand like when simply asked about getting a deep pocket clip so my knife doesnt stick out of my suit pocket walking around my office.

Then they jumped on me again when I suggested using a lube other than CRK's.

I can understand all the fanboy attitude as its a great product, but just be civil with your opinions, I listen to what everyone has to say but those with a bad attitude can take a hike.

And really thanks for your interest in how I made out with my 3 Sebenzas having the first two with stiff action as I have stiff fingers somedays . My Son was floored when I gave it to him. I just texted him the links to the factory tour, so he will understand what he now has in his hand.

I was looking to pick up a gold hex 21, but when I saw this one . . . thats all she wrote! It actually comes in lighter than the plain jane which is 4.33 oz. This one looks to be the same size but at 3.99 oz and it has inlays that I would think add to the weight.
I measured areas of each and this new one is ever so slightly smaller. Im guessing the silver color is stainless.

I think another issue I see in my threads is that members will pop in with a stupid or inciteful comment without ever reading any of the previous comments, so they are clueless about the content earlier of the thread, but have a need to toss their two cents in anyway (but only once :D).

I've been in sales 44 years, so I know when someone is yanking my chain. You might say I must be an awful salesman, but . . . I can afford $500 knives . . . so I must have done something right along the way.
My goal is not to be here to generate "likes" to my comments, but so far Im running at 25%.
Also check out the sellers feedback for me as a buyer (I have not started to sell yet on the knives I've bought so far) as to what they thought of the transaction with me.

Sorry to be so wordy, but I don't want my threads to carry on for like 85 responses. Im usually just starting a thread asking a question to learn more about the hobby. I know there is a search function and I use that too.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 9.45.16 PM.jpg
Are you talking about the same knife that's seen spinning around at the beginning, and several times during the video?

Sorry, I had skipped over your question. The one I was questioning the lockup pic near the end of part 2 factory tour (12:32 minutes long) pic in question is at 10:06 in.

Its similar to my latest seb. 21 but I questioned the lockup being all the way over to the right on what is probably a new knife! I was just curious as to why it locks up that way in that video in his factory tour.

Last edited:
View attachment 886647

Sorry, I had skipped over your question. The one I was questioning the lockup pic near the end of part 2 factory tour (12:32 minutes) in.

Its similar to my latest seb. 21 but I questioned the lockup being all the way over to the right on what is proably a new knife! I was just curious as to why it locks up that way in that video in his factory tour.

The only theory I have is that someone was flicking it hard, playing with it during the filming of that video. Here's what the lockup looks like when it's opened normally.

HoduranSeb_Lockup-2.jpg

HoduranSeb_Lockup.jpg

IMG_6158.jpg
The only theory I have is that someone was flicking it hard, playing with it during the filming of that video. Here's what the lockup looks like when it's opened normally.

View attachment 886706

View attachment 886705

Yes, I would have to agree. And thanks for taking the time to post those pics of your lock up. The bottom one is the latest one that came in today. They are both 21's used and within a couple of years old. I can see where flicking the new one hard the lockbar tends to drift over more. Whover took the picsView attachment 886709 View attachment 886709 View attachment 886709 for Chris's factory tour could have been playing around with it. One can also squeeze the lockbar together and it will move over to the right. Maybe they thought it looked safer with it on full late close.

View attachment 886647

Sorry, I had skipped over your question. The one I was questioning the lockup pic near the end of part 2 factory tour (12:32 minutes) in.

Its similar to my latest seb. 21 but I questioned the lockup being all the way over to the right on what is proably a new knife! I was just curious as to why it locks up that way in that video in his factory tour.

The other possibility is that it hadn't yet gone through fit & finish, since they wrap and box them pretty quickly after that. So they grabbed one still in progress, because they wanted to be sure and use a BladeHQ exclusive.

The other possibility is that it hadn't yet gone through fit & finish, since they wrap and box them pretty quickly after that. So they grabbed one still in progress, because they wanted to be sure and use a BladeHQ exclusive.

I can imagine that the knife in the vid you are referencing was likely in the process of being fitted and wasn't really done. It was probably just a convenient place to use it in the film.
At least in my personal experience, I have never seen one come out of the factory at that lockup percentage and I have had more than a few.

Yes, possible. I did post a pic of it further down in the thread. Thanks for your response.

View attachment 886710

Yes, I would have to agree. And thanks for taking the time to post those pics of your lock up. The bottom one is the latest one that came in today. They are both 21's used and within a couple of years old. I can see where flicking the new one hard the lockbar tends to drift over more. Whover took the picsView attachment 886709 View attachment 886709 View attachment 886709 for Chris's factory tour could have been playing around with it. One can also squeeze the lockbar together and it will move over to the right. Maybe they thought it looked safer with it on full late close.

Since you started a thread to talk about my knife, I thought you might enjoy a few pics of it. :)

HoduranSeb_Balcony-2.jpg

HoduranSeb_Balcony-4.jpg

HoduranSeb_Balcony-5.jpg

So that’s the actual knife that was pictured in Chris’s factory tour?
It is a beauty!

Sure is! I got it a couple years back, and one day shortly after that I was watching the vid, thinking "Damn, that's a beautiful knife!". Then I started thinking, "Wait, that looks familiar!"..........

Sure is! I got it a couple years back, and one day shortly after that I was watching the vid, thinking "Damn, that's a beautiful knife!". Then I started thinking, "Wait, that looks familiar!"..........
That’s a pretty cool story, small world!

I measured areas of each and this new one is ever so slightly smaller. Im guessing the silver color is stainless.

Chris just called and asked that you stop talking about his stainless steel frame subenzas. Those are a super-secret production line only for 0perat0rs who need high strength tactical knives.

The polished surface on the wood inlay Sebbies is actually...titanium. But, if you're ok with steel handles on a $500 knife, I've got some that I can sell you! :p

I can afford $500 knives . . . so I must have did something right along the way.

Well, you're certainly off to a great start here! Tell us more about how much you can spend on knives, it'll surely win us all over!

Do you realize you're actually giving CRK fans a bad name?

Lockbar travel on the sebenza isn't uncommon with time. But it doesn't affect lockup or use. You shouldn't need to worry about it. There was a recent thread about it where crk doesn't cover that under warranty because it's a non issue.

Back