Water bottles ... what do you prefer?

Dwayne's wife here! Dwayne says that he is looking to have open conversations on things that go with our sheaths and knives so ...

I saw these bamboo and glass water bottles and I trying to decide if I want to take advantage of their buy two get one free deal. However I am worried about the whole broken glass issue. We have lots of stainless bottles (trying to avoid plastics) so I don't really NEED but ...

Which way do you go?
Stacy

Hi LeatherRose. "I don't really NEED but ..." haha thats pretty much what I tell myself about anything Im about to buy. Have a link?

I suspect my wife saw the same bamboo & glass bottles - and breakage was my first thought/fear, too.

I use a 20 oz. Kleen Kanteen Insulated Brushed Stainless w/ Café Cap. Great for coffee and ice water. No worries about breakage!

∞

When I saw those I couldn't help but get nostalgic for those old fashioned thermos's that came with my lunch boxes back in grade school. I broke at least one per year. Nothing like shards of glass in your mid day kool aide. :p

I suspect the bamboo would not fare well when heating the water over a small stove. :D

I suspect the bamboo would not fare well when heating the water over a small stove. :D

To say nothing about the plastic base. :eek:

But to get back on point....... I say "Go for it!" Stacy. :) You probably want to keep Dwayne from putting his kool aide in them, however. ;)

∞

You aint far from the truth my friend, between the tile floors in my shop and kitchen I've taken out many a good glass item. And then there's that inevitable sliver that makes itself known rather painfully many months later. :p

Back