Watu - custom wood scales

I'm not sure how popular the Watu is - but I personally find it one of the best knives I have used in a long while.

I have never really liked CF/g10 laminate scales. Since it is a relatively low-volume and new knife, I could not find any place making aftermarket scales for the Watu. Until I came across Trifect Custom Shop trifectcustomshop trifectcustomshop . He posted a WIP thread here, or here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...les-wip-build-thread-give-away-promo.1744488/, but since the title doesn't mention the Watu, it might have gotten missed on this subforum.

Just wanted to mention that scales are available. and Awesome:D.

I'll leave a couple pic here - from the shop. They look (and feel) better in person. I choose the wood for the spalting. I know others have chosen figured koa - and they also look great.

XKHzjzA.jpg

BcxCcQD.jpg

I love the Watu. Makes me think of Digital Underground. :D I think I’ll go buy one now.

Beautiful scales my friend.

Hey all following this thread. I've got a batch of wood for Watus all blanked out. These are all available now on a first come first serve basis.

I am now offering figured Bocote, Figured Walnut, Indian rosewood, and of course figured Koa.

You can claim your set by posting the number on this thread, or PM me and I will update the photo as each scale set has been spoken for.

20200902_104933_resize_21.jpg

Endura 4.
Seconded.

Love wooden scales on my Spyderco. Got a PM2 with maple engravings and a beautiful Ironwood Dodo.

Also, this thread is making me want a Watu, never looked closely but I really like the blade shape. Love the Wharncliffes Spyderco does. These are just my Janich-style ones, the reground Endura below looks a bit similar.
20221216_143352.jpg

Back