waved 0560 - Rival Style:-)

I've seen a few waved 0560's around, but never done one myself. I have waved several other blades in the past, just never had the stones to do mine. This is a project I worked on this week, the gentleman wanted it waved & a CF scale made, and I jumped at the opportunity to give it a shot. I wanted to leave the logo in tact and not distract from the overall blade shape too much, though it had to be functional too. This one is not too deep, and is lightning fast coming out of the pocket (the KVT makes for a sweet deployment!).

Some may say the blade doesnt need a wave, cuz its such a fun flipper....but I'll tell ya, it fires lightning quick with the wave:D

9431637496_40e4d8df5f_c.jpg

9428871155_5b2d20744c_c.jpg

9428873841_89c74183e1_c.jpg

I love how well that was done, it's subtle enough that it doesn't draw too much attention away from the logo which you kept intact. If you were to tell me that the knife came like that from the factory I would believe you and ask where did you get it, it looks like it belongs there.

It hooks on the corner of the pocket during the draw stroke , making the knife open as it exits the pocket.

I hate waves but the 0560s Ive seen dont seem that bad. It
fits better and doesn't seem to break up the lines. Probably because of the jimping size/style.
That it looks like it would work as a cap lifter is also a bonus.

err, I think the correct term is they were the ones to patent the idea.

Hmm, I don't follow them that closely, but I had the impression they had invented it. Who did invent it, then? I sense something contentious that I wasn't aware of before...

Hmm, I don't follow them that closely, but I had the impression they had invented it. Who did invent it, then? I sense something contentious that I wasn't aware of before...

I was under the impression that they invented it by mistake. Though I could be wrong.

I was under the impression that they invented it by mistake. Though I could be wrong.

IIRC it started life as a blade catch and then after realizing it could be used to open the knife right out of the pocket it became the patented wave feature.

Back