We have some Strider/Buck spear-points in stock...

Okay,
Just picked them up.
We have fifty. They are numbered, first production run, BG42. The numbers we have are in the 100's and 300's. Don't call and have us dig through them. Because we don't have time. But its okay to ask for the lowest one we have.
Price is $190.00

Later

Mick
buck_strider_dp.jpg

[This message has been edited by Mick Strider (edited 02-13-2001).]

Mick, my dealer charged me $95.00 for my Buck Strider yet he found the time to go back through his inventory three times to find me one that did not have a sloopy blade wobble. For the extra C note you're pocketting from these sales, I wouldn't think catering to us nuts choices for a number was such a big deal! If I'm out of line, just delete this post, it's your forum!

Wow, that was a bit unfair! First off, those guys at Strider are makers of knives, not dealers. They don't make the extra c-note on the sale. I know this for a fact. Also, the first production run is priced by Buck, not Strider. The MSRP is intentionally set high as it is a limited production first run of BG-42, not the ATS-34. Did you pick up a regular run tanto folder, or did you get a limited run one? Also, did you get the spearpoint? These things all factor in to the price being elevated. As to the fact that they don't have to time to search through their inventory, if you were making the amount of tools they are, I'd be shocked if you would have the time to search through Knives made by another company that are being offered up for sale as almost a favor to the folks on here. They make high end combat blades that are required by servicemen world wide and have many deadlines to meet the preclude finding you the perfect number. If you want a numbered knife, buy a custom and wait the 6-8 months like the rest of us. Cheap skate! Move your whining ass on to somewhere else with that ****!

------------------
Ryan Renuart
Aerial Gunner
"That Others May Live"

Hi,
As the posting by KnifeBomber shows, you need to get all the facts straight before making a post.
Well done KnifeBomber. Keep it up Strider Guys.

Warmest wishes
Oliver

JoeR,
If you don't like it, send it back to Buck, after all ... "it's your money". Also, I can only assume you meant to say you were charged $195 even though you wrote $95. If in fact you were charged only $95, I'm finding your post a bit hard to believe. Either way, tomorrow we at STRIDER KNIVES will wake up happy. And you?
Fight the good fight,
Duane

Suggest JoeR go back to his dealer who will gladly sort through his stock of Strider/Buck spear points for specific serial numbers and only charge $95.

What's that? His dealer does not have any serially numbered Strider/Buck spear points.

I believe when they dont have any, Strider only charges $75.

So, what exactly are you saying?

------------------
Ryan Renuart
Aerial Gunner
"That Others May Live"

Please allow me to pile on,

JoeR,
Making comments like that shows that you are obviously no the type of person that should be carrying any kind of blade. One day you will open your mouth, and someone's going to shove your knife up your ass. If you have a legitimate issue with STRIDER, they will be happy to handle it, but if you are going to run your mouth like a bitch, you may get slapped like one.

S/F

Out

Sorry if I ruffled some feathers but I don't care much for the threats, etc. Duane, don't get me wrong, I like the knife but yes, I said $95.00. NIB. Cecil Clark Cutlery, Newport, Ky. 859-2912541. Nice people, good attitude, anything to please. Call them, they have more in stock.

?
If you only paid $95, where does our "C note" come from and when will we be receiving it? And more importantly, you mentioned threats from me. Read again my friend, I have not threatened you however if you feel upset by by comments, I am not hiding behind secret names or abbreviations, just find me at the shop if something is on your mind.
Duane Dwyer
STRIDER KNIVES

Thank you JoeR for posting the lowest price for the Strider. I too believe $195 is too much. Thank you again JoeR.

hey rogue_spooge~
IF IT'S TOO MUCH MONEY THEN DON'T BUY IT!!!!

killerkain
s/f

P.S. JoeR, what are the chances of getting you to drive a few hours to Valparaiso? I've go something for you.

The price that JoeR has listed is accurate for that store, I just called and verified it. I wanted to clarify however, that some retail establishments can sell products even below cost, because they have other items from which they make profit. They know that the Buck Strider is a draw to their business when sold at that price, so they may sell it at a loss. As far as your comment about digging one out for you. Mick and Duane are busy building real knives for us warriors, I am glad they do not stop grinding to cater to non-issues.

S/F

Out

Okay listen...
Lets all stop our sniveling now. Your all very tough and all that...

We sell the knife, first production run, for MSRP. Which for this knife is $190. If we were to sel the knife for whatever you paid, we would lose money. It costs us more than what you paid to buy them and ship them. Sorry. I think $190 is too much as well. But that's what the things cost. I don't think my car should cost so much either.

If you can get a great price, by all means go for it. But It's a bit odd to be upset for someone charging MSRP. Don't you think?

Everyone remove your panty wad and move on

Thanks

Mick

Mick, I want to say I'm sorry if I offended you. I do appreciate the work you do with your products and the need you fill with them. I remember that on my last pass in 1971, prior to disembarking from Oakland, I went to Abercrombie and Fitch in S.F. and bought what I thought was a tough lockback folder for $50.00. At that time, as I recall, my E-5 (non combat bonus) pay was about $165.00 a month. I clearly remember, some six weeks later, throwing that rusted out, no longer locking kinfe into a 55 gal trash container at our B compound in Tay Ninh. I later knew that Randalls and SOGs were available but I never saw one let alone knew how to get one. In fact, what attracted me to the Buck/Strider I bought was not so much the knife, sturdy and cool as it may be, but that little insignia of yours on the blade that so much reminds me of my unit's Combat Arms Badge: MACV. Very similar and I had to have it. Your knife led me to this forum and your lead post on this thread did miff me off a bit and I probably was out of line. Sorry again, and someday I hope to be able to buy a "real" Strider, Joe.

Hey there,
We don't get offended that easily.
Our friends like to watch our backs. We have outspoken friends.
smile.gif

Hope that knife serves you well.

Ever Vigilant

MS

Mr. Strider,

Well said!!

Michael

------------------
He who has smelt the smoke is never free again...

Are these knives as the appear in the picture or do they say "1st production run" on the blade like the picture posted by Triple aught design on the "For Sale Forum"
I would rather have one that looks like the picture on this thread.
Also does the 20% discount for enlisted military apply on this knife as well since it is a Buck?

Thanks,
Nick

------------------
Arguing with a GRUNT is like wrestling with a pig. Everyone gets dirty and the little pig loves it.

The reason the U.S. Army is so successful in combat is that war is chaos; and the Army practices chaos on a daily basis

I want the one with the in BG-42 with writing.

It's a keeper anyway, so I'll send it to have a satin finish put on it.

Back