We Kitefin

Anybody have one of these yet? Love the looks of them, especially the two with rings all on the scales. But i managed to miss them and they seem to be sold out right now. Any opinions so far?

The “Spirograph” pattern ones are very nice but a bit fussy for my taste.

just so it’s clear, the patterns on the gold and blue are machined into the handle. It’s not just a fancy anodizing job. And they will give you a bit of extra grip as well.

Last edited:
Willing to buy a CF or Ring model if anyone has extras. Not sure when they'll restock.

Do the Cf models have a liner or just the CF scale?

These look great, just ordered one for myself from BladeHQ. Thin stock + hollow grind = hopefully super thin behind the edge.

Has anyone taken one apart yet? Do the bearings ride on a metal washer on the carbon side, or directly on the carbon? This will be my first We. I had a Gent Select and a Doogtooth both from Drop and made by We, but this is the first We-We.

These look great, just ordered one for myself from BladeHQ. Thin stock + hollow grind = hopefully super thin behind the edge.

Has anyone taken one apart yet? Do the bearings ride on a metal washer on the carbon side, or directly on the carbon? This will be my first We. I had a Gent Select and a Doogtooth both from Drop and made by We, but this is the first We-We.

They are always on metal washers both sides. Why would they have the bearings running on the bare carbon fiber? Everyone knows that eventually screws up the knife. Joe, the owner, wouldn’t put up with that nonsense for a second.

They are always on metal washers both sides. Why would they have the bearings running on the bare carbon fiber? Everyone knows that eventually screws up the knife. Joe, the owner, wouldn’t put up with that nonsense for a second.

I assumed that was the case, but again I've never had a ti/carbon We before.

Mine comes in today!

I've had my Kitefin for a week or so now, and I gotta say, it rocks. One thing I didn't like however was the clip, where it folds over itself it was just a bit too tight at the tightest spot, and when dropping it into my pocket it would snag on my jeans instead of dropping all the way down. So I rebent the clip and now it works great. The blade is a real beauty, it is soooooo thin behind the edge, they did a great job with the hollow grind. If I had one nitpick (besides the clip), I wish the swedge on the spine of the blade didn't run all the way back. If you put your thumb on top of the spine it's really thin, if it were the full stock thickness there it would be better IMO. But that's really looking for something to complain about...

EDIT to add - oh yeah, and the hardware isn't keyed, so you need two drivers to take it apart/put it together. That's mildly annoying.

5giVbEih.jpg

RYe0csUh.jpg

^^That was before bending the clip

0E5hIhCh.jpg

The rebent clip.
JcRkKw5h.jpg

I've had my Kitefin for a week or so now, and I gotta say, it rocks. One thing I didn't like however was the clip, where it folds over itself it was just a bit too tight at the tightest spot, and when dropping it into my pocket it would snag on my jeans instead of dropping all the way down. So I rebent the clip and now it works great. The blade is a real beauty, it is soooooo thin behind the edge, they did a great job with the hollow grind. If I had one nitpick (besides the clip), I wish the swedge on the spine of the blade didn't run all the way back. If you put your thumb on top of the spine it's really thin, if it were the full stock thickness there it would be better IMO. But that's really looking for something to complain about...

EDIT to add - oh yeah, and the hardware isn't keyed, so you need two drivers to take it apart/put it together. That's mildly annoying.

^^That was before bending the clip

0E5hIhCh.jpg

The rebent clip.

See - two metal washers. :thumbsup:

It's roughly about the same size as the Deacon with almost the same blade length. The price on the Deacon is a lot more though with M390 blade and rounded bolster handles instead of slabs. But both are very cool EDC knives.

9-E5-E0488-03-F1-47-FC-A0-FF-1-D1903503-CFF.jpg

Back