WE knife warranty service. Amazing

I just bought a We knife company #703E. They were sold out till mid September. This model is from their Value line. Luckily I was trolling the secondary market and found one brand new. I cot it a few days later and the quality is the same as there expensive line. they even use Titanium for their screws and I think the backspacer is also TI. I took it out and started to play with and oil it but it didn't need it. Now for the bad news, the detent was so weak that it had no ooomf. I went online and e-mailed them. They told me to contact their U.S. warranty office. I did and got a very quick response. He told me where to send it. He got it in 3 days adjusted it and put it in the mail today, fixed. This to me is a company that wants business and also wants to please the customer as bet they can. When I heard his voice it sounded very familiar even though the name was different. It turns out that it was who I thought it was. He is a EDC reviewer on YouTube who i had commented on one of his video's and he responded very quickly. Altogether this was a very pleasant experience which is not always the case. WE knife co. gets an A in my book and will no doubt buy more knives. I forgot to mention that there is a phone number to call in the U.S. and if he's not there he gets back to very quickly.

Sounds nice and quick, but if it was "put in the mail today, fixed" how do you know it was fixed to your satisfaction?

In the guy's video reviews, does he disclose that he's an agent of WE? Which reviewer is he?

Sounds nice and quick, but if it was "put in the mail today, fixed" how do you know it was fixed to your satisfaction?

In the guy's video reviews, does he disclose that he's an agent of WE? Which reviewer is he?
No he doesn't reveal it in the vids I had red somewhere that he was going to be the warranty shop. I will get back to you about whether he minds. He may not because instead of paying attention to his Youtube channel
viewers will start discussing their and it might be distracting. I will get back to him as soon as my knife gets here. I'm sure it was fixed correctly. It was just an adjustment to the detent but since it was brand new I did not want to be the one to open it. you may ask why I didn't send it back to the seller and the answer is that that series had been sold out for a while and they are not making anymore of them until late September. When I told the vendor about the situation he said no to worry and it came back still not fixed he would take it back no problem and that he would put me first on the list to receive as soon as got the next run. Even though the knife had a problem Both the vendor and the warranty dept. have made this a stress free transaction.

AFAIK Zel or Zelrick is WE Knives contact person in the US.
Don't think he minds that people know that, after all he was their representative at the Blade Show booth.

Update. Received it yesterday and it was perfect, Packed nicely and included aa really nice ballcap. Nice guy to deal with.

Zel is definitely doing well by We by providing great support for their knives here in North America. I recently had to get a replacement insert for my 704 and Zel hooked me up. Even followed up after I received the part to make sure everything was good.

We Knives has definitely made a good impression with me, even before I needed service on one of their knives. Considering the quality of their knives and how I've seen them support their warranty, I'll probably end up with more than the 5 knives I currently have from them. :)

Back