WE Micro Fine Ceramic?

I have a WE 130 with the 100, 200, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1500/ glass platen, 6 micron film, and leather strops with 4/2 diamond emulsion. I am wanting to add something to the setup and am thinking the micro fine ceremaic 1.4/.6 micron stones sound good but as I recall some people didn't think they were all that. Suggestions or information would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Matt

My immediate recommendation would be to get a set of paddles with Spyderco medium (303M) and Fine (303F) stones. Perhaps even a set of paddles with Spyderco ultra fine stones.

The 303M stones do a very nice job of removing scratches from my 1000 grit diamond plates.

I made my own Spyderco medium and Fine paddles with those 303 stones, but unfortunately Spyderco does not sell ultra fine 303 stones. However, I believe companies like Jende Industries will cut suitable ultra fine stones if requested, they will probably also mount them to empty paddles if you ask them to.

It is my understanding that the Wicked Edge Microfine ceramics are made by the same OEM that makes the Spyderco M/F stones, and they are very similar, so I don't think it's worth the trouble of getting Spyderco ceramics cut. You can search the Wicked Edge forum for this yourself.

Back