1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

WE Micro Fine Ceramic?

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by muslmutt, Feb 21, 2019.

1. muslmutt

muslmutt

Dec 7, 2017
    I have a WE 130 with the 100, 200, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1500/ glass platen, 6 micron film, and leather strops with 4/2 diamond emulsion. I am wanting to add something to the setup and am thinking the micro fine ceremaic 1.4/.6 micron stones sound good but as I recall some people didn't think they were all that. Suggestions or information would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Matt

2. Haffner

Haffner

Feb 13, 2007
    My immediate recommendation would be to get a set of paddles with Spyderco medium (303M) and Fine (303F) stones. Perhaps even a set of paddles with Spyderco ultra fine stones.

The 303M stones do a very nice job of removing scratches from my 1000 grit diamond plates.

I made my own Spyderco medium and Fine paddles with those 303 stones, but unfortunately Spyderco does not sell ultra fine 303 stones. However, I believe companies like Jende Industries will cut suitable ultra fine stones if requested, they will probably also mount them to empty paddles if you ask them to.

3. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard

Feb 28, 2015
    It is my understanding that the Wicked Edge Microfine ceramics are made by the same OEM that makes the Spyderco M/F stones, and they are very similar, so I don't think it's worth the trouble of getting Spyderco ceramics cut. You can search the Wicked Edge forum for this yourself.