We need more knife nuts!!!

I love bladeforums but it seems that the amount of traffic has gone down. We need more new posts for me to read. How else am I supposed to pass the time at work? :D

will22 said:
I love bladeforums but it seems that the amount of traffic has gone down. We need more new posts for me to read. How else am I supposed to pass the time at work? :D

When I read your Title I thought you ment knife nuts in general. A lot of people like knives. It takes a special kind of sickness to sit around for hours talking about them on a message board. ;)

Odd the way us "sickies" sort of gravitate towards the same spots huh? I don't know how I'd get through the day without this bunch o nuts!! :D

No, no, no! It's knife "knuts", silly! :p Heh heh... knives are cool...

~ashes

RIGHT! We are knife knuts, and gun gnuts, and flashlight fnuts, and watch wnuts ...

Ashes said:
No, no, no! It's knife "knuts", silly! :p Heh heh... knives are cool...

~ashes

Obviously.

Without us knife knuts you'd be out of business.

I haven't bought any knives lately though. Some torches and some maxpedition stuff.

However i've started posting more nowadays. Must be exam pressure.

Point44 said:
Obviously.

Without us knife knuts you'd be out of business.

Would not! :p Our main business is our cutlery-exchange program for restaurants, butchers, cafeterias, etc. I mainly sharpen kitchen knives. As long as people like to eat, my job is secure!

~ashes

Ashes said:
Would not! :p Our main business is our cutlery-exchange program for restaurants, butchers, cafeterias, etc. I mainly sharpen kitchen knives. As long as people like to eat, my job is secure!

~ashes

That's a good business to be in. Although i always thought that butchers sharpened their own knives.

I wonder if there's a business like that in the UK. Hmmm....
Wouldn't it be cool sharpening knives all day.
Business opportunity there.

My great-great-grandparents were knife grinders ("moletas") in Italy. (I am second-generation Italian.) We've been in this business for generations. I sharpen hundreds of knives per week. Most restaurants have a sharpening service, though it's not something most people think about. We supply whatever knives they want and have two sets for each customer so that we can bring the sharp ones each week and collect the dull ones. Some people do sharpen their own knives, but most like to have them re-ground each week so that they are very sharp and they don't have to worry about it. Our guys just go right into the kitchens and switch them. Our knives are always sharp enough to shave with (especially if I do them. ;) )

Don't other countries have cutlery-rental/cutlery-exchange programs? :confused:

~ashes

I don't know about the number of posts, but the traffic in terms of people seems way up. When I logged in Thursday and Friday, there was close to 500 people on. I thought there must be a big news event happening.

Ashes said:
Don't other countries have cutlery-rental/cutlery-exchange programs? :confused:

I dunno which countries have it. However, I worked at a camp a few years ago, in their kitchen. We had knives swapped once a week. Unfortunately, they didn't do a good job sharpening them. Many came in with nicks, dings, and full spots. Whee. They had no sharpener at the camp and I wasn't even allowed to carry my own knives and such, so I didn't get to sharpen them up. I just picked the "better: ones out to use.

Back