We shall see.

Android? Long press on the photo, select view image, copy the url and past into the image option in your reply. Looks like a little landscape.

As long as the url ends in a .jpg ,.png, etc. it'll work fine. You can do it with the photos on the ebay post, no need to even download them.

Thank you. That info is very helpful and I will try it from my tablet. (still learning how to use it as it is not the same as my computer)

"Especially when the maker is already known. " Please tell me who the maker is since I haven't mentioned anyone and doubt I will now.

I don’t understand what’s going on? You ordered a knife from a Canadian guy but he is really from/ in Pakistan??
That is correct. It is a common practice. I am sure it is a either a tax issue/avoidance or import duty end around in some way. It also could be politically motivated. The world economy is complicated to put it a nice way. I contacted the individual 3 times asking questions and he answered back promptly all 3 times.

I kind of figured prejudice would show its face soon enough. Sorry but plenty of back yard "bladesmiths" right here in the good old USA who haven't a clue what they are doing. In his add he says nothing about being made in Canada. I figured MAYBE they could be but doubted it by the price. Time will tell how they stand up. Won't be a long time because I plan on using them or should I say a bit of abusing them to see how soft or brittle they are.
I think everyone here is only trying help you get the best knife for your money, take a look at the Mora Companion.
yO80Euq.jpg

"Especially when the maker is already known. " Please tell me who the maker is since I haven't mentioned anyone and doubt I will now.

I agree. I will report my findings after I have used/abused them for awhile. No further comments about the knives as I will bow to the internet experts.

That is correct. It is a common practice. I am sure it is a either a tax issue/avoidance or import duty end around in some way. It also could be politically motivated. The world economy is complicated to put it a nice way. I contacted the individual 3 times asking questions and he answered back promptly all 3 times.

I bet that I could win better knives at a carnival.

The folks making those knives are well known (not in a good way) they change their name from time to time and claim different locations but it's all the same.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/cfk-knife-update-and-company-history.1267880/
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ry-company-cfk-knives-by-jason-baker.1349887/
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...hts-or-opinions-on-these-ebay-knives.1299579/

I think everyone here is only trying help you get the best knife for your money, take a look at the Mora Companion.
yO80Euq.jpg
I have a Mora Companion coming.Only expecting good things. Ordering a cheap knife off fleabay is more akin to exploring as the fur trappers did. Some things they knew and some things they thought they knew. Doesn't take much research to find the previously referred to "makers". And Yes they are still selling crap. I like to explore. If I didn't I would have never tried Buck knives after my experiences from decades ago. Blades were very brittle. Which may have been a good thing as it lead me to Lakota knives later down the road. Which is another contentious subject as I consider them one of the very best factory knives ever made even if they used that "dreaded AUS-8 steel.:rolleyes: I have and use Lakota AND Condor Hoffman knives quite a bit as compared to others. I even like them better than my Bob Crowder knife.:eek:

If you want cheap user you really can't do better than any of the Mora line

If you want an inexpensive custom knife look at the Knife Makers Market here on the forum. You can often pick up a great knife for between $80 to $150, and that is Cheap for a US handmade, craftsmen made heirloom piece. I recently picked up three knives from DW DuckChildress for a great deal, gave one to my son one to my brother an kept one for myself. The makers here are a great and often under utilized resource, check em out you won't regret it.

It is a common scam. A couple years ago there was a phony knife maker on here that was pretending to be a custom knife shop in Idaho, they ship in countless garbage knife shaped objects from pakistan, then sell them to rubes as customs. Huge profit margin, zero effort.
the guy who was on here had at least a half dozen of the same scams going on various websites, ebay, forums. I wouldn't be surprised if you bought from the same guy.

I'm not sure even Advanced Knife Bro would go out in his yard and baton with one of those, but it would be a cool vid if you sent him one and he did!

This is easy. If they are great, post some pictures and post the maker. Post the results of using the knife or knives. At the end of the day if you are happy with your purchase good for you. You can hardly blame folks here for being a bit skeptical, however. It's possible the new guy found that unicorn otherwise known as a cheap, yet quality knife. From Pakistan no less. It does seem questionable however. The rule of three says that custom products can be cheap, fast, or good. Choose two.

Chopped 1\3 of the way through a 2x4 tonight. Stabbed it several times and both twisted and other chunks out. No damage what so ever. Still sharp though not shaving sharp (DAMN FEW knives will be) . Put it on my stropping wheel and it once again easily shaves hair. Not exactly what the critics are describing. I am out of here. Very tired of negativity. Looking to continue to explore not bad mouth strangers who experiment. Yes I know knives from Pakistan have had bad reps. Had more than a couple and still have two I like to throw at crap when I get disgusted in the shop:rolleyes:. Personally I am impressed and will try one of his Damascus knives and one of his so called "bushcraft" knives just to see if these are not the random exceptions. Been trapped before with a good FIRST product and followed up with less than stellar products and services after. Just an old trick I have seen in construction and home repair (this isn't my first trip around the block) :cool:Have a good day gentlemen.

"I bought these mystery knives AND YOU BETTER LIKE 'EM!! I won't hear any nitpicky complaints even if I know knives from this country have proven to be crap!! I'm outta here!!!" Good luck with your unicorn knives, if it doesn't bother you too much post pics after some more extended use :rolleyes:

Very tired of negativity. Looking to continue to explore not bad mouth strangers who experiment. Yes I know knives from Pakistan have had bad reps. ... :cool:Have a good day gentlemen.
You don't post pictures or a description of the knives in question and are shocked when you encounter negativity? These knives are vaporware. I'm not certain why you bothered to start this thread unless you were willing to document the knives you're talking about. You're wasting everyone's time without back-up.
Enjoy your knives. Come back when you really want to discuss something.

Chopped 1\3 of the way through a 2x4 tonight. Stabbed it several times and both twisted and other chunks out. No damage what so ever. .
Baton with it - baton with it. We all secretly love batoning and we want to see a video of you batoning with it. Pleeeaase...
Don't listen to those other guys we want batoning.

I have a Mora Companion coming.Only expecting good things. Ordering a cheap knife off fleabay is more akin to exploring as the fur trappers did. Some things they knew and some things they thought they knew. Doesn't take much research to find the previously referred to "makers". And Yes they are still selling crap. I like to explore. If I didn't I would have never tried Buck knives after my experiences from decades ago. Blades were very brittle. Which may have been a good thing as it lead me to Lakota knives later down the road. Which is another contentious subject as I consider them one of the very best factory knives ever made even if they used that "dreaded AUS-8 steel.:rolleyes: I have and use Lakota AND Condor Hoffman knives quite a bit as compared to others. I even like them better than my Bob Crowder knife.:eek:
After 60 years since I placed the first knife in my pocket, comparing anything from Pakistan’s scrapyards to Buck makes me chuckle. No disrespect, enjoy your journey. :) :thumbsup:

I have a Mora 122 and Companion, the 122 is strictly for wood carving while the Companion I use to process green wood prior to carving. I bought the Companion in Sandvik SS because I intended to use it on wet wood. The Companion is not a full tang knife so it's not suitable for such abuse as batoning (should use an ax anyway). I sharpen my knives with an India fine stone, ceramic fine stone and Al Oxide charged strop, no problem getting a shaving sharp edge on the Moras that holds up to hard wood. I don't know why so many equate price with quality! Mora has been producing quality knives as long as most in the business and they are on a par with any top quality mass produced knives, better than most in my opinion.

Just because someone gets away with something stupid does not making doing something stupid suddenly smart. There are other YouTube videos showing what happens to a Companion partial tang when batoning. Use an ax.

Back