We Want to Help More, So We Need Your Help!

Yesterday I misspoke when I used the word revenue instead of profits for the donation. I apologize for this mistake. I cannot afford to do the revenue # at this time. I plan to donate 10% of the profits from each FF sale to the charity we choose. I really like these service dog charities. They seem to make an impact that is tactile.

This Friday, to make up for my gaff, I will donate 10% of the revenue from FF. I hope that in some way it makes up for the error.
I glazed right over the use of your now corrected language. In doing so I went to the heart of the matter,. Helping Veterans!
Andy you're not a politician so likely none of us worry too much over a grammatical slip!
I too Like the idea of service dog charities, as a friend of mine locally has one.

Fiddleback Fiddleback I join in the choir of people that are more and more proud to be owners of Fiddlebacks and even more proud to call you friend.

Very well put!

I've only had the pleasure of meeting and hanging out with the guys at the Forge once, but they're a good bunch. Fun to be around and you can tell they all love what they do. :thumbsup:

This is a great idea and very generous of you Andy. Rotating the charity is great idea as well, as there are so many groups out there doing good work who could use some recognition, as well as donations. Your choice this week really resonates with me, as I've raised service dogs for the past 8 years and been fortunate enough to see the impact they make on their owners lives. Not only the owners, as the dogs in these programs truly are working dogs and get so much out of the experience, even the ones who don't end up passing as a service animal. I've only assisted in the raising of a couple PTSD service animals, I hope to be able to do more in the future as the set of skills and relationship you develop with the animal is wholly distinct from other service animals. They're truly trained to be best friends.
Edited with apologies to change revenue to profits from Fiddleback Friday. I apologize for the necessity of this. I will donate the full 10% of revenue for this friday to try to make up for the gaff.
But this is just generous frosting on a benevolent cake. A simple mistake no one would hold you to, even for one sale is pretty darn outstanding. And with that in mind, I'll be taking another look at the FF sales thread.

Andy -

My friendship with Paul at Give Us Paws goes back to high school. I’ve seen him take several different paths throughout his life/career. I have never seen him more passionate about anything. Even as passionate as you are about your business, your mentorships, your craft. In fact, the two of you have many similarities. Providing jobs, teaching, appearing on public venues, and touching lives in a positive way (to name a few).

I am fortunate to work for an employer that also gives back to the community. They have provided 100% match to my charitable donations, including multiple ones to Give Us Paws.

In 2016, my brother (a painter/sculptor) drew up some ‘earless’ dogs for one of the Give Us Paws events at an art festival to help increase children’s awareness of service dogs and our veterans. The idea was that the kids use various forms of media to finish the ears, but they got much more creative than that! See pics below. This is just one example of MANY public relations efforts by the staff at Give Us Paws.

So after writing all that....the main purpose of this follow-up post is to say thank you to Fiddleback Forge for your generous contribution to the cause....the cause to give us pause (paws).

9hqGjCi.jpg

JcyzxAj.jpg

Xx7W1ks.jpg

i3TDuDu.jpg

92jRIsd.jpg

gd42GDU.jpg

diyNRUe.jpg

oCh1As6.jpg

Mission 22 is a good suggestion. Also check out Warrior Expeditions https://warriorexpeditions.org/

Son of an Army buddy, along with his wife, (both Army vets) were sponsored by Warrior Expeditions to thru-hike the AT. Good program founded by a Marine veteran.

Andy -

My friendship with Paul at Give Us Paws goes back to high school. I’ve seen him take several different paths throughout his life/career. I have never seen him more passionate about anything. Even as passionate as you are about your business, your mentorships, your craft. In fact, the two of you have many similarities. Providing jobs, teaching, appearing on public venues, and touching lives in a positive way (to name a few).

I am fortunate to work for an employer that also gives back to the community. They have provided 100% match to my charitable donations, including multiple ones to Give Us Paws.

In 2016, my brother (a painter/sculptor) drew up some ‘earless’ dogs for one of the Give Us Paws events at an art festival to help increase children’s awareness of service dogs and our veterans. The idea was that the kids use various forms of media to finish the ears, but they got much more creative than that! See pics below. This is just one example of MANY public relations efforts by the staff at Give Us Paws.

So after writing all that....the main purpose of this follow-up post is to say thank you to Fiddleback Forge for your generous contribution to the cause....the cause to give us pause (paws).

9hqGjCi.jpg

JcyzxAj.jpg

Xx7W1ks.jpg

i3TDuDu.jpg

92jRIsd.jpg

gd42GDU.jpg

diyNRUe.jpg

oCh1As6.jpg

I'm loving these pics. I'm really happy to be a part of this. I'm going to start listing some knives on instagram and posting here some we have in stock during the week. All direct sales will generate a donation the same way Fridays do. Thank you all so much for your support.

Don’t let it bother you for one moment more.

Veterans understand and just appreciate your effort.

Sleep soundly and keep growing your forge. Proud of you.

Wanted to share a recent communication I had with Paul, the founder/director of Give us Paws. I don’t get to talk with him as often as I’d like but the other day I texted to see if he had a chance to meet up with two of our best high school friends that were in his area from out of town. Unfortunately, he had to bail on their plans because he went to take care of a veteran’s (complete stranger) dog when the person was sent to the emergency room. He does this on a voluntary basis out of sheer compassion, aside from the charity. The VA calls him whenever a veteran is admitted into the hospital and doesn’t have anyone to care for their pet dog(s) or service dog. He takes these dogs in or tries to find a temporary foster home for them until the veteran is discharged from the hospital. Apparently if nobody does this the veteran’s dog goes to the shelter and potentially euthanized. Paul is trying to make sure that doesn’t happen anymore.

Reading his text reminded me how some people (like him) are so good.

Thank you everyone.

Last edited:
Man, the show was great. Much thanks to Give Us Paws for sending a motherload of cool t-shirts and dog tags. Those guys are great. Thanks to Jazz for such a wonderful show.

That charity swag represented just one of many ways you’ve shown respect and support for our veterans. Your staff and beautifully crafted booths are what made Blade wonderful for me.
Proud to collect your brand.

Last edited:
Back