Weaver hand crank sewing machine

Anyone have any experience with the handcrank sewing machine that weaver leather sells? Ryan

I have one and it is a good machine, for certain tasks. Long runs such as belts or such are where it shines due to the large wheel and the momentum you build. Short runs for sheaths or holsters are a bit more difficult, especially with single hole placement as you do not generate the same type of downward force that you would with the Tippmann, however with the Tippmann long runs get tedious real fast.

Both are great tools, depending on the job. And no, it is not overpriced. It is a solid unit designed and built in the USA that will out last you.

I have one and it is a good machine, for certain tasks. Long runs such as belts or such are where it shines due to the large wheel and the momentum you build. Short runs for sheaths or holsters are a bit more difficult, especially with single hole placement as you do not generate the same type of downward force that you would with the Tippmann, however with the Tippmann long runs get tedious real fast.

Both are great tools, depending on the job. And no, it is not overpriced. It is a solid unit designed and built in the USA that will out last you.

Good to see ya around Sky! I didn't even know Weaver made such a machine. I don't get their catalog anymore since I got mad at em, (they broke The Cowboy Code). But I'm close to over it nowadays. Might have to get a catalog and see if they got other things too.

Back