Wedge in premium steel (CPM440V)?

Rob:

I would love to see The Wedge (and The Wedge II) in CPM440V (I'll settle for ATS34). Its direct competitions seems to me are AG Russel's Hunter's Scalpel, which comes in ATS34, 8A, and 6A; REKAT Fang, which comes in coated 1095 and ATS34; and Stiff KISS (in 6A). I like The Wedge's design for its versatility but hesitate to buy it because of its lower grade steel (6A & 420 J2 for WII?). I believe a lot of knife nuts here feel the same way, and we wouldn't mind paying extra $20 for something better. In fact, if you give us the 440V Wedge, I bet it will become the hottest knife on the market.

sjc

To Slowjoecrow:

The Wedge II is currently being produced using 6M stainless and the original Wedge in 420-J2 (In the future we will be changing the original Wedge to 6M). While 6M may not be at the level of ATS-34, this Chrome-Moly stanless is not too far below it. Another advantage of the Wedge knives is they are flat ground very thin at the edge and therefore are very easy to resparpen. The market approach of the Wedge and Wedge II is a verastile all around utility knife at an inexpensive price point (Wedge = $19.95, Wedge II = $29.95). While I don't disagree that a Wedge with premium stainless is a viable product, I believe the market for this is rather limited. Thank you for your comment.

David Bloch,
President,
Outdoor Edge

Back