weighted paracord monkeys fist keychain lanyard

I designed and made this paracord lanyard. This uses 20' of black and 12' od. The steel bearing is 1.5" & weighs almost 1/2 pound. Sliding adjuster allows anywhere from 18" overall to 34". Use your imagination.

IMG_6314.jpg

IMG_6320.jpg

IMG_6319.jpg

IMG_6317.jpg

IMG_6316.jpg

...this blog (not mine) has great tutorials and ideas for creating a setup for making monkey's fists:

http://paracord-projects.blogspot.com/2010/03/monkeys-fist-knot.html

The monkey's fist is the hardest part (for an 1.5" ball you need 8 passes in the knot which is quite hard to keep organized and untangled and uniform during tightening process). The nail board shown on the blog is quite helpful. after the monkey's fist, you need two strand diamond knot, or lanyard knot which is all over the web, and my youtube channel has a vid on it too. Next is the four strand round braid; also an easy google. Final challenge is the "manrope knot" on the end, done around the standing end for form a loop. This I'd probably need to do a video for to better explain, but its a wall knot with all four strands (around the standing braid); then a crown knot on top; then one at a time with each end follow the wall, then follow the crown to double/triple it. ends should come out the bottom. the problem with a close crop/burn is that they could pull up during sliding; so I cut them a bit long and put a big blob burn on it; better than losing the ends.

nice monkey's fist. It's my favorite knot. That ball bearing makes it very dangerous :)

K I'm defenatly putting my wife to work on this one!
She's great with Paracord.

Strong medicine. :thumbup:

Did you try to hit something with these? I'm wondering how much force make the ball get loose .

Jozsef

Monkey Fists would tighten around the ball. No way they would come loose unless the cord is pried apart or the 550lbs fibre is cut.

i'd be interested in purchasing one like you have in the first picture. have one for sale?

Prohibited weapon in PA, at least until you convince a judge otherwise. Pretty cool though. One smack to your melon with that, and you're getting coloring books for Christmas for the rest of your life.

A monkey wrench should be legal everywhere - tie one to your keys !!

Prohibited weapon in PA, at least until you convince a judge otherwise. Pretty cool though. One smack to your melon with that, and you're getting coloring books for Christmas for the rest of your life.

Omg I have not laughed out loud that hard in ages!! Thanks too funny

I'm just finishing the first ten of these. They will be called the
"Steel Saints Riding Lanyard" as they were designed to meet a request
from a member of the namesake motorcycle club..

004-9.jpg

008.jpg

Back