Welcome back! Current status, known issues, and more.

Still not getting emailed notifications around watched forums....super annoying

Same here! What can be done

Same issue here.

Spark mentioned problems with these back in May (in this thread), they may still be problematic now.

Yahoo, Verizon (same company now) and AOL accounts.

We know they are problematic now, that’s why we posted. We are asking if there are solutions .

We know they are problematic now, that’s why we posted. We are asking if there are solutions .
What is your email domain?

My domain is Cox.net. And I have no problems getting BF notifications.
We know that Verizon and Yahoo treat BF notifications as spam. So if those are your email domains, Spark likely can't fix it.

kn
What is your email domain?

My domain is Cox.net. And I have no problems getting BF notifications.
We know that Verizon and Yahoo treat BF notifications as spam. So if those are your email domains, Spark likely can't fix it.
Ok since I use yahoo for email then I will not recieve notifications? Is there no solution for this?

Hi S sn0wman72 ,

As a suggestion, consider adding the sender's email address to your Yahoo contact list from within your account.

Logic being that if the sender is already present in your contact list, Yahoo won't consider as spam.

(I'm not sure the best address(es)to add, but support@bladeforums.com and spark@bladeforums.com seem like a good start).

Good luck - don't melt! You're my 72nd hope!

I tried changing my email from my yahoo account to me Gmail account but that didn't work because this site sent a verification to my yahoo account which I didn't get for days and the verification was expired. So now I'm afraid to try again and become frozen out like before. Is their away to switch email accounts without yahoo verification maybe using site password or something. Thanks

Yahoo and AOL are blocking emails from our servers at their network level. We've contacted them repeatedly, made sure our DKIM DMARC are good and they still block. No response from their tech people either. Irritating to say the least.

I tried changing my email from my yahoo account to me Gmail account but that didn't work because this site sent a verification to my yahoo account which I didn't get for days and the verification was expired. So now I'm afraid to try again and become frozen out like before. Is their away to switch email accounts without yahoo verification maybe using site password or something. Thanks
Find your most recent PP receipt for your last membership. Send an email from your assigned PP email address to the address you sent the PP payment to. I'll respond.

My email notification of Watched Threads was working fine but all of a sudden it stopped working. I have checked my Spam folder in Gmail but nothing there. Under Alert they show up but no email notification is being sent. I even Unwatched a thread and then Watched it again with the "and receive email notifications" box checked. Still not working! Any ideas?

Yahoo and AOL are blocking emails from our servers at their network level. We've contacted them repeatedly, made sure our DKIM DMARC are good and they still block. No response from their tech people either. Irritating to say the least.

Ok, thanks for trying.

My email notification of Watched Threads was working fine but all of a sudden it stopped working. I have checked my Spam folder in Gmail but nothing there. Under Alert they show up but no email notification is being sent. I even Unwatched a thread and then Watched it again with the "and receive email notifications" box checked. Still not working! Any ideas?
Weird mine is still working fine, a little slow maybe.

I’m receiving email notification from this thread. Therefore, I’ll monitor it to see if it’s thread specific.

For instance, I posted in the old thread below a few days and never got email notification when others posted.

The email notification of a Watched Thread is working now. I think the procedure to Unwatch the thread and then to Watch it again with the "and receive email notifications" box checked may be a fix.

Are there still issues with email notifications? Haven't received one since September 9th, 2021. Using gmail. Unwatched and rewatched all the forums.

Any suggestions?

Anyone else having new issues crop up when using an iPhone/Safari browser?

I’m having a very frustrating time when trying to post an image hosted on Imgur with text in the post.

It’s as if the forum software or my phone wants the image to be at the top of the post no matter what, even if that means putting it in a quoted message.

If I type some text, hit the return button so the image posts below the text, when I attach the image it automatically posts the text without the photo as a reply and puts the image in the draft box.

Anyone else having new issues crop up when using an iPhone/Safari browser?

I’m having a very frustrating time when trying to post an image hosted on Imgur with text in the post.

It’s as if the forum software or my phone wants the image to be at the top of the post no matter what, even if that means putting it in a quoted message.

If I type some text, hit the return button so the image posts below the text, when I attach the image it automatically posts the text without the photo as a reply and puts the image in the draft box.

Try this, it may help.

When you hit the return button at the point you want to insert your picture/image below your text, hit the return button again (2 times in a row). Effectively lowering the curser one line more helps me insert a picture or quote exactly where I want it.

I don’t use Imgur, I just directly attach from my saved images/library.

Back