Welcome to my Subbie!

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello, Visitor!

Unless you're one of the weirdos who hangs out in Bladeforums all the time, you may have inadvertently stumbled into this subforum. Rest assured, this is a happy accident- no one will hurt you here, it's a safe space for knife nut types or anyone with even a passing interest in knives, sheaths or cutlery design.

Regardless of who you may or may not be, thank you for being here!

Who the hell am I? Well, my actual name is Lorien. I am a man child who has never shaken the allure of knives, swords, ninja stars or any of that other stuff I learned to love from all the 80s and 90s movies I grew up watching. Now, I'm living my dream! Not only do I get paid to make knives and sheaths of my own design, I also get paid to design knives for others! I have designed knives for a number of custom knife makers, but also for a big player like Boker. All that aside, I'm my happiest self when I work with my friend Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist designing and collaborating with him for his very excellent company, Carothers Performance Knives.

I don't take custom orders, at least, I won't make a knife to your design. I only make knives from my own designs, because that is the best part of knife making to me. Sure, you can say, "hey bud, I'd love a machete". Well, that's great- I can make a machete, but it will look like something I designed, because that is how I roll.

Oh, and about my process- almost every aspect of my knife making is done in my 120 square foot shop, including heat treating and sheath making. My method is strictly stock removal, but I will be forging knives at some point in the future as well. I currently outsource my mark etching to a local fella with a laser but that's it. I don't use computers for design, strictly old school paper and pencils. And erasers. Lots of erasers...

I also make a lot of sheaths, for all kinds of different types of knives. My favourite ones to make are for other custom knife makers, where they give me free reign to build a sheath for their custom knife. That's cool. Probably the most difficult kind of sheath making. But I do like making practical, rugged but not too rugged, sheaths for working knives. My sheaths aren't cheap, but they're also not fancy! They're built to last, to be used and to be relied on. All hand stitched, from leather treated so it won't ruin your knife.

I stand behind my work. That's important to me, because integrity is important to me.

So, take a look around, feel free to make comments, jokes and what-have-you. I hope you enjoy this tiny little part of Bladeforums, and if you want to reach out please do so.
qErRwez.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations on your own subforum and on your continued success in knifemaking! I probably should take offense to your comment about the weirdos around here, but it might be a compliment coming from you. I'm looking forward to more of your content, keep it coming!

Hello, Visitor!

Unless you're one of the weirdos who hangs out in Bladeforums all the time, you may have inadvertently stumbled into this subforum. Rest assured, this is a happy accident- no one will hurt you here, it's a safe space for knife nut types or anyone with even a passing interest in knives, sheaths or cutlery design.

Regardless of who you may or may not be, thank you for being here!

Who the hell am I? Well, my actual name is Lorien, and I am a man child who has never shaken the allure of knives, swords, ninja stars or any of that other stuff I learned to love from all the 80s and 90s movies I grew up watching. Now, I'm living my dream! Not only do I get paid to make knives and sheaths of my own design, I also get paid to design knives for others! I have designed knives for a number of custom knife makers, but also for a big player like Boker. All that aside, I'm my happiest self when I work with my friend Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist designing and collaborating with him for his very excellent company, Carothers Performance Knives.

I don't take custom orders, at least, I won't make a knife to your design. I only make knives from my own designs, because that is the best part of knife making to me. Sure, you can say, "hey bud, I'd love a machete". Well, that's great- I can make a machete, but it will look like something I designed, because that is how I roll.

I also make a lot of sheaths, for all kinds of different types of knives. My favourite ones to make are for other custom knife makers, where they give me free reign to build a sheath for their custom knife. That's cool. Probably the most difficult kind of sheath making. But I do like making practical, rugged but not too rugged, sheaths for working knives. My sheaths aren't cheap, but they're also not fancy! They're built to last, to be used and to be relied on.

I stand behind my work. That's important to me, because integrity is important to me.

So, take a look around, feel free to make comments, jokes and what-have-you. I hope you enjoy this tiny little part of Bladeforums, and if you want to reach out please do so.
qErRwez.jpg
Ummm, I think I had my internet filter exchange procedure in the ā€œunjimmy modeā€ temporarily. Post reported.

Coming to the source of weirdness is the best way to figure out oneā€™s addiction. In on one?

Congrats on the new sub-forum, I will be looking forward to seeing your work!

congratulations, your the man of time, looking forward to seeing your new sub-forum.

congratulations, your the man of time, looking forward to seeing your new sub-forum.
I don't know what 'the man of time' means, but it sounds cool! Thank you :)

Congrats! Very happy to see youā€™ve got a subforum and that Iā€™ll be able to continue watching your progression, and hopefully acquire some of your work.

Itā€™s incredible how quickly you go from learning something, to producing high quality professional goods.

Congrats! Very happy to see youā€™ve got a subforum and that Iā€™ll be able to continue watching your progression, and hopefully acquire some of your work.

Itā€™s incredible how quickly you go from learning something, to producing high quality professional goods.
thank you so much! Your post made me šŸ˜Š
šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜Š

I'm going to keep trying my best. Making and designing knives is what I want to do, it carries with it so much meaning for me and I pour everything I have into it. Your support is appreciated!

Back