Welcome

shootist16

knife law moderator
Welcome
Welcome to the knife law forum. I am greatly honored to be chosen to moderate this forum. Knives and law are my two favorite pastimes.

I believe a forum discussing knife law is very important. Everyone should be familiar with laws that affect them and if you carry knives on a regular basis you should be familiar with knife law. Remember that legally ignorance of the law is no excuse. I cant tell you how many people I have seen arrested because they did not know that what they were doing was illegal.

What we should expect from each other on this forum

First and foremost, civility. Discussing law can often lead to heated discussions. I have seen judges argue with each other over interprtation of the law. We want to relay the most accurate current information possible. No doubt alot of us will disagree with each other. Lets keep it civil please.

I would like to have a post on every states knife laws. This would make this forum a searchable database and a valuable tool. It would be nice to have the laws qouted verbatum, that way you can see exactly what the law says and would cut down on myths and hopefully misinterpretation.

I expect to discuss not only specific knife laws but search and seizure and other constitutional issues.

disclaimer

While it is my goal to educate and inform everyone about their knife laws and rights, Bladeforums, myself, nor anyone else that posts here is responsible for incorrect information. I would hope that there would not be any, but there may be. In other words, each individual is responsible for knowing their own local law and ordinances.

------------------
Dennis Bible

[This message has been edited by shootist16 (edited 09-06-2000).]

Well put Dennis,

I was way too tired last night to put up a welcome message
smile.gif

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
Show Your Support -Visit Our Sponsors - Click On The Banners!
Visit www.onestopknifeshop.com
Sales from 1 Stop Knife Shop help support this site!
Also check out our new auction promo site.
www.wow-direct.com

Back