Welcome

Welcome to "Battle Blades".

I'd like to thank Andy and Sparks for offering me this wonderful opportunity. It's great to be back!

As noted, consider this our cyber dojo. Enter and leave with respect for yourselves and each other. Good debate is encouraged, but name calling - or "flaming" - is not. Ask good questions, seek good answers, listen to other viewpoints, glean solid recommendations and suggestions, learn from others and in return seek to teach others through your own experiences, knowledge, and hard work.

Every so often I'll post a thread on this or that to encourage the "flow". If you ask a question I'll seek to answer it swiftly, fairly, and with supporting information or resources, if possible. If it's just my opinion, I'll state such and you recieve the information as just that.

I encourage not only students of the arts or knife / edged weapons world to participate, but teachers / instructors, as well. Feel free to identify yourselves, your style or styles of defensive / offensive fighting, your schools, and so on. This is an exchange of information and ideas. Credential your observations, opinions, or thoughts to better support what you have to offer the rest of us. If you're a solo player, very cool. Often it's the lone wolves who have the best stuff to offer us.

Again, my thanks and welcome to all.

Greg Walker

Thank you for being here. I look forward to learning from those who have "been there and done that."

Thanks Greg,

Every Dojo has rules, and these sound like good ones. They boil down to respect and rationality, so that is cool with me :)

Thanks Greg, for setting up this forum and giving your time so freely to the board. I'm sure this will be a great forum.

Congratulations Greg...it's great to have you on board!

I've been meaning to tell you how much I agreed with your advice a while back on another thread in which you advised an individual to seek out Tai Chi instruction as an into to self defense. I too have seen a number of individuals learn flexibility and balance starting out with an "internal" or "soft" art and later move on to other styles...I did so myself some years ago after a bad crash on a motor unit. I utilized local instruction supplemented by Dave Mobley's Comtech Tai Chi tape - it was the spark that I needed at the time to get me back into training, and I've never slowed down.

Again, thank you for giving of yourself in the form of this forum.
TS

Howdy Greg! Good to see your forum up and running. Thanks in advance for spending the time here!

Karl

Greg,
Good to hear from you. I seldom visit this forum, but I guess that will change now.

Since this is a subject close to my heart as well, I'd like to also express my enthusiasm for this new forum. Welcome and thanks to you Greg for agreeing to guide this challenging topic.

I'm also am here to keep Kit from getting out of line... :)

Welcome Greg,

I've enjoyed your books, and I look forward to reading your thoughts on various combative topics and to some good discussions. Plus, someone has to keep a close eye on Jerry ;).

Mario

Back