Welcome!

It's neat to see this little forum pop up! I have Stomper making me a custom chefs' knife in June, so I'll definitely post up some pics of it here when I test it out!

~Noah

i can see this being bad for me and my wallet now that i have encouragement to put more money into chef knives :(

Oh great, (whine) another sub forum to provoke interests in more types of knives that I will compulsively buy. Sigghhhhh...

Actually, this is really cool! I just now stumbled upon this. Funny story.... the wife just bought some Omaha steaks, and with came a set of cheap kitchen knives. I looked at her, and she said without me saying anything...., "They were free, don't look at me like that!" LOL.

Looking forward to learning, I do want to glean an opinion of a good set of kitchen knives midrange in price, but of decent quality from this sub forum. Also, since I love wood working, a few cool ideas for cutting boards. I am in the process of looking for a dado blade for my table saw. Joinery is another obsession, but I digress, stay on topic CJ!!!!!

Oh great, (whine) another sub forum to provoke interests in more types of knives that I will compulsively buy. Sigghhhhh...

Actually, this is really cool! I just now stumbled upon this. Funny story.... the wife just bought some Omaha steaks, and with came a set of cheap kitchen knives. I looked at her, and she said without me saying anything...., "They were free, don't look at me like that!" LOL.

Looking forward to learning, I do want to glean an opinion of a good set of kitchen knives midrange in price, but of decent quality from this sub forum. Also, since I love wood working, a few cool ideas for cutting boards. I am in the process of looking for a dado blade for my table saw. Joinery is another obsession, but I digress, stay on topic CJ!!!!!

I really like the idea of a kitchen forum here. I love to cook and I am really interested to hear(read) why chefs use different designs.
Why do you use that knife for that?:confused:
I'm always ready to learn.

Cj65, if you ever get to Portland OR, you must visit a furniture store called The Joinery. They make some of the finest wood furniture I have ever seen and they do it the old way. Lots of dovetails few if any fasteners.:thumbup:

http://www.thejoinery.com/about/craftsmanship.php

Psyhced for this new sub-forum. Nothing like a good knife to make any kitchen chore a little more enjoyable.

Thanks for adding a Kitchen Knife sub-forum! I can't wait to see what develops here.

Ooookkkaaayyyyyy.....this is going to get dangerous, I love to cook and I love kitchen cutlery. I want to buy my first custom knife made for the kitchen.....very dangerous indeed.

Back