Well I found these in a box :-)

duramax

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello, Well it's my first time posting in the Buck section here. So wanted to say Hello and that I've been a Buck knife enthusiast since I was a kid :)
I was digging out some old boxes of knives and came across these :) so I thought I'd post some pictures here.
Here you go, sorry any model specifics I've long forgotten. Back then if it looked good and said Buck I bought it if I could lol

IMG_2258.PNG IMG_2259.PNG IMG_2260.PNG IMG_2261.PNG IMG_2262.PNG IMG_2263.PNG IMG_2264.PNG IMG_2265.PNG IMG_2266.PNG

Very nice collection. I love the survivor knife.

Nice! The 184 is worth a fair bit of coin these days. I don't know the specifics but I'm sure someone else will chime in.

nice find. thanks for sharing with us.

Nice! The 184 is worth a fair bit of coin these days. I don't know the specifics but I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Thanks,
I bought that one new. I came home with it and my Dad laughed. I don't even think I was driving yet lol. The next day he bought me a browning folder. He said use this for hunting and scouts, leave that Rambo home ! Lol. I don't think it's even cut paper lol
Yes I still have the browning folder :)

nice find. thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks to everyone for all the likes and posts :)

Yea, I just checked a bunch of boxes and came up with nothing. :D

Seriously, you had/have good taste in knives. You don't see that little caper much anymore. :thumbsup:

max, welcome. Your early 3 line 116 w/ sheath are hard to find. I think your Dad had a good point. DM

Yea, I just checked a bunch of boxes and came up with nothing. :D

Seriously, you had/have good taste in knives. You don't see that little caper much anymore. :thumbsup:

Well I always knew these were somewhere. But I had looked before, guess it's always the last place one looks. :)
That little caper came from Cape Cod MA. I got it there on a family vacation as a boy. I never got to use that one either. As I use to use my Dads all the time.

max, welcome. Your early 3 line 116 w/ sheath are hard to find. I think your Dad had a good point. DM

I didn't realize that thank you.
Yeah on occasion I did listen,lol. He was right :)

Reactions: TAH
Here's the browning folder, it's no Buck knife but it's special to me.

IMG_2275.PNG IMG_2276.PNG IMG_2278.PNG

Reactions: TAH
max, do you use your knives? DM

I do use my knives, edc, hunting, camping etc. But I tend to buy more than I'll ever use. A lot of my old users are probably around somewhere, I know I've only lost a couple. I use to destroy those old explorer brand knives as a kid. Now my main edc is a spyderco folder and usually a Gravelle in A2 fixed blade or my Swamp rat infidu.

I like the 112. ..it's one of the best folders Buck ever made. I guess I have around 75 or so but more and more I find myself using a 300 series or a 298 or something in a small fixed blade. So many Bucks to choose from and I have yet to use one I didn't like...

Those old Browning folders are real nice too - as well made as the old school US Gerbers.

Those old Browning folders are real nice too - as well made as the old school US Gerbers.

Thanks, that one saw plenty of use in its day. It did hold up well. Don't think I ever had any Gerber folders. I have a couple of their fixed blades.

Wow! You sure were a lucky kid!
The starship buckmaster 184 may be unwieldy and somewhat fragile to the point;
But double wow!! What I would have given to have that as a young buck...
Thanks for sharing.
http://www.survivalknife184.com/blade marks/blademarks.html

Thanks , and thank you for the link. Interesting how the markings changed over the years.

Back