Well...It's Friday...

I know there is a cycle to when things are done but it would still be nice to be able to see the final product of what we're buying on the Friday threads, specifically the final sharpened edge/grind. (I think they're currently final-sharpened on Mondays?) Sorry, just picky about the edge symmetry and feel the need to mention this given the price that goes along with the knives. Or maybe Phillip shoots final pics to the buyers before shipping for a :thumbsup: or :thumbsdown:?

I'm the opposite. I don't care what the edges look like anymore! The knives are technically unfinished until you use it and find your true edge. The symmetry of grind is another thing, but it is hard to see in photos.

use it and find your true edge
Not sure I understand what this means, but otherwise, I agree with Tim the Wizard Tim the Wizard ; it would be very difficult to see edge symmetry in a photograph. Most every one of my Fiddlebacks have arrived very sharp even if the edge isn't perfectly symmetrical its entire length. If you aren't satisfied with the edge on one, though, that edge can be corrected without much trouble. Whereas some issue elsewhere on the knife (that would probably be apparent in the photos) would most likely be something the factory would have to resolve.

A maker can only approximate how a knife may be used and if the original edge will be optimized for that use.

The owner will eventually match the edge to the task, the feel, and their joy in performance.

The "true edge" is a spiritual joining of the user and the tool.

The "true edge" is a spiritual joining of the user and the tool.
Bill-and-Ted-s-Excellent-Adventure-80s-films-21210092-434-240.jpg

Back