Well, this'll be tough to top...

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
GreenLinen.jpg

GreenLinenScale.jpg

This one may be the first to get whacked. Just holding it affirmed my preference for the standard scales, so I expect the only other real contender may be the tan/snakeskin.

While I want to go out and chop something in the worst way, I think I'll hold off till the tan/snakeskin makes its appearance. Then, there'll be a showdown.

Busse vs. Busse.

Nice one Guyon ! The tan/snake you have coming should look awesome also.
Makes me want to order one NOW ! Thanks for the pic

That's a nice looking color combination. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yep, that is a sweet combo! Tan/Snakeskin is gonna be real pretty too...

Is that Black & Black Standard?

GreenLinen.jpg

GreenLinenScale.jpg

This one may be the first to get whacked. Just holding it affirmed my preference for the standard scales, so I expect the only other real contender may be the tan/snakeskin.

While I want to go out and chop something in the worst way, I think I'll hold off till the tan/snakeskin makes its appearance. Then, there'll be a showdown.

Busse vs. Busse.

Nope, that's green linen.

Here's a black/black, though not as clear a pic.

Cousins.jpg

Here's a comparison pic of the green linen (top) and black micarta (bottom).

The green linen has a more consistent coloration, along with a (very) dark greenish hue.

Scales2.jpg

Great pics, thanks for sharing them. Man, that green linen is looking better everytime I see it.

I hope you don't mind that I borrowed your pic for the "FBM compilation thread" if you want it removed please let me know

:D:D

Congrats Guyon... GREAT pics!

I ordered the same black blade w/ green linen mags... I'm hoping that the linen micarta is somewhere between G10 and canvas micarta as far as how it feels. How do they feel compared to either G10 or canvas micarta? :confused:

Okay, I went in and got what I thought was a good feel for the scales. My perception while looking and touching was that the green linen was only slightly smoother to the touch.

Then, I closed my eyes and had my wife mix them up. I made my pick for black micarta with eyes still closed.

I was wrong. :p

Moral of this story?

1) I have the touch of a rhino.

OR

2) My original assumption was a reaction to the coloration differences, and there is virtually no difference in terms of feel.

Guyon,

No matter, those are two real nice knives you have, but why do they both have black slabs:confused:

:p :p :p :p

Okay, I went in and got what I thought was a good feel for the scales. My perception while looking and touching was that the green linen was only slightly smoother to the touch.

Then, I closed my eyes and had my wife mix them up. I made my pick for black micarta with eyes still closed.

I was wrong. :p

Moral of this story?

1) I have the touch of a rhino.

OR

2) My original assumption was a reaction to the coloration differences, and there is virtually no difference in terms of feel.

Guyon,

No matter, those are two real nice knives you have, but why do they both have black slabs:confused:

Because black is the new orange. Sheesh!!! Do I have to dress you too? :D

Not to worry, I have tan, urban gray, and satin on the way. :eek:

Because black is the new orange. Sheesh!!! Do I have to dress you too? :D
. :eek:

How did you know I need help with that? I just came back from a two hour bike ride ride and lost a few lbs becuse I hit a bump and the frozen fat cracked right off my a$$. God it was cold!!!!!:eek: I need more warm stuff!

Well, this'll be tough to top...
GreenLinen.jpg

GreenLinenScale.jpg

Busse vs. Busse.

Looks like you won't be needing those straight handled Busse's any longer. :foot:
I'll PM you my shipping address. ;)

Awsome pics, now get out there and beat on them. :thumbup:

dave

Back