Wenger Snap Shackle

Been looking for a satisfactory 84mm SAK with end mounted phillips. I wanted a two layer (e.g. scientist), but I assume I'm only going to find it in 3 layers. So I saw the wenger snap shackle and was pretty attracted
to it. My main problem with it is the lack of a small blade. The coveted phillips looks a little short and I'm concerned that might restrict it some.

But here's an upside: While they're selling for $41.95 on Amazon,
Wenger North America is selling them for $20.98 right now!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000C0SXZC/sr=1-1/qid=1138676956/ref=sr_1_1/002-4313884-4457657?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=3375301&s=sporting-goods&v=glance

http://www.wengerna.com/browse/product.jsp?prod_id=1172&cat_id=60&sub_cat_id=74

Does anybody have any experience with the wenger snap shackle?

i wish the survivor would go on sale.....I've looking to get one for a while now, but just can't justify the price since it most likely won't be a user.

the snap shackle looks good, but it lacks a scissor.

The Spartan Lite is a 91mm and I find the 3 layer 91mm too bulky
for EDC pocket carry. Currently my EDC is the 84mm "small" Tinker.
I'm hoping the shorter Snap Shackle will not be too bulky for pocket carry
because BOTH the slotted screwdriver and the phillips are LOCK open.

Horizon_Seeker said:
i wish the survivor would go on sale.....I've looking to get one for a while now, but just can't justify the price since it most likely won't be a user.

the snap shackle looks good, but it lacks a scissor.

I got a Survivor a couple weeks ago. I really like it, but it's a bit bulker than it looks in pictures. :thumbup:

Well I ordered it and it has come in. There is only one blade (has a nail file in place of a second blade) and it is so sharp it is beyond words. I cut myself on it already. . .and it does shave just right out of the box.

Problems: Wenger says the phillips and the slotted screwdrivers are LOCKing tools. But neither locks open.

Question: Has anybody else seen this problem? Does anybody have what was supposed to be locking screwdrivers and not get them?

@okBookGuy,

AFAIK, the Wenger drivers "lock" when you apply pressure on them while torquing a screw. Maybe not a positive lock, but it won't close on you when using it. =)

That is correct, the screwdriver "locks" when you push down on it, it won't close on your finger like a slipjoint might.

I had the same question until it was demonstrated to me by a wenger rep. couple of years ago.

there is no mention of how the screwdrivers lock in the papers that come with wenger knives as I recall, it's quite confusing.

Back