Went To The A.G. Russell Store - Ordered A BK11

I had an appointment near the A.G. Russell store/headquarters today and decided I would go early and stop in. I had been wanting to compare the BK11 with the BK14 in person to make a decision on buying one. Both felt nice in my hand but there was just something about the BK11 that made me favor it more. I don't know how the ergonomics will change if I decide to order scales but it felt great as is. It's not a huge shop but they had a great selection. It was also a great chance to see a TON of knives in person that I probably will never be able to afford. They also have a neat section of discontinued, second, and previously owned knives that they offer at a discount. I only glanced at the section though for fear I would leave with a lighter wallet and heavier pocket.

But anyways, I just ordered my second Becker, the BK11. I hated not ordering from A.G. Russell as I love to support the local businesses but I had an online gift card I used at a popular merchant site and the price was too good to refuse ($22 shipped after giftcard). I currently have a BK2 on the way that should get here Friday.
These knives will definitely be users and I can't wait for them to get here.

Just thought I would share my excitement over my new purchases and I hope you Beckerheads don't mind. :D

Awesome!!!
Good choices, I think.
I got a BK-2 last week and have a
BK-11CSM on order that should be here Friday.

Sweet but we must see pics!!!!!!

Of the knives or the shop? I was going to take pictures of the shop but there were more employees than customers at the time I was in there and I thought it would be awkward to start snapping pictures haha. Maybe if I go again I will ask if I can take some pictures for the forum. What's the worst that could happen? They say no?

Mr Russel posts here at BFC so there shouldnt be a problem with that.

I found these pictures online (one is from Chief here in the forums). For some reason the pictures of the inside are of the same wall/display. The display counter makes a U shape around the shop so the other two sides are not shown in this picture.

AGRusselstore.jpg

CnEmygDvRTazqRWq0PAVGzcXIkH2EA8ZWTN-7OZ5xr1hk1IV5Fqb2Shtrh9R_HpZVzH5sRQYboUNqTD-5KhXEgRfUo00VKWdpV8FgFCGiQ

ag-russell-knives.jpg

AG has made a legendary mark on the knife world.

Good choice on the knife, btw, its a small powerhouse for sure.

Moose

(scratches head with perplexed look on face)

Thats a cool looking store. Wish there was something like that in Columbus. My buddys knife store is decent, but no selection like that, and light on Beckers.

BTW...BK11 is great. There are lots of cool scales for it if you look around. I know someone here makes some pimp wood grips for it (sorry, I'm still learning names, but I see everyones work on ebay...)

Getting back on track (somewhat)...
C_Tanner, before the May 2011 floods hit my area, we had a Chicago Cutlery/Case XXX store that looked a lot like that.
With traditional knives in particular, it was great to be able to eyeball and handle before buying. Sadly, I don't think they're coming back as part of the rebuild.

Last edited:
Maybe if I go again I will ask if I can take some pictures for the forum. What's the worst that could happen? They say no?

I'd bet a dollar they'd happily agree.

I used to live only a few miles from their original store location, the kitchen at the rear of a historic farmhouse.
The best part was being able to see the knives advertised in The Cutting Edge.

Later, after they moved to a new shop building behind the farmhouse, I took my girlfriend in to look at knives. The wonderful employee behind the counter said, "Hello, Robert, we haven't seen you in a while." Girlfriend looked at me funny, and eventually bought me an Effingham Blackjack knife. I still have that knife, and the girlfriend is now my wife. :)

Good story, Bob. :thumbup: Of course, no one believes you own that knife unless you have a picture. :D

Aside from having an incredible store, AG Russel has been an icon in the knife industry at least since I was a young man, and I am pushing 60.

That being said, we need to see pictures of the OP's BK 11. Sweet knife.

Congrats on the Bk-11! Thats the knife that generated my newfound obsession with BK&T. I've carried it daily (I refuse to type EDC. Damn I did.) and I absolutely love the knife. You will too.

I found these pictures online (one is from Chief here in the forums). For some reason the pictures of the inside are of the same wall/display. The display counter makes a U shape around the shop so the other two sides are not shown in this picture.

AGRusselstore.jpg

CnEmygDvRTazqRWq0PAVGzcXIkH2EA8ZWTN-7OZ5xr1hk1IV5Fqb2Shtrh9R_HpZVzH5sRQYboUNqTD-5KhXEgRfUo00VKWdpV8FgFCGiQ

ag-russell-knives.jpg

Very neat...I really like this store!:D

Thanks fellas for the positive comments. I guess I am lucky to live near such a great store and close to guys like Tom Krein.

Aside from having an incredible store, AG Russel has been an icon in the knife industry at least since I was a young man, and I am pushing 60.

That being said, we need to see pictures of the OP's BK 11. Sweet knife.

Haha here is a picture of it and BK2.

5af1aeb7-1.jpg

Back