Westbury Sales Company Knives

tom19176

Gold Member
I recently came across a dealer that has a large stock of the various Westbury Sales knives ( former knife ad in magazines) for sale. They are all brand new and many are in the paper they were shipped in . These are Japanese knives from the seventies. I bought about 25 pcs so far, and was wondering how much interest there is in these. I am NOT looking to sell any, but wanted to know if these are collectable to anyone else????

Tom

tom19176 said:
I recently came across a dealer that has a large stock of the various Westbury Sales knives ( former knife ad in magazines) for sale. They are all brand new and many are in the paper they were shipped in . These are Japanese knives from the seventies. I bought about 25 pcs so far, and was wondering how much interest there is in these. I am NOT looking to sell any, but wanted to know if these are collectable to anyone else????

Tom

I had several of these, but now am down to only one, and it's pretty beat up. I would be interested in these. Who is the dealer, if I may ask?

They are a dealer in Long Islad NY.....not sure if they are on the web...I will ask them....

tom19176 said:
They are a dealer in Long Islad NY.....not sure if they are on the web...I will ask them....
Do they (you) have a brochure or list of what's available?

It seems that they bought out the remaining supply from the Westbury sales co...they have two locations, one in a indoor flea market that they have been in for 20 years and a real brick and mortar store called G I Issue in Suffolk county NY...I do not think they have any catalog...I will ask

tom19176 said:
It seems that they bought out the remaining supply from the Westbury sales co...they have two locations, one in a indoor flea market that they have been in for 20 years and a real brick and mortar store called G I Issue in Suffolk county NY...I do not think they have any catalog...I will ask
Thanks much for your help.
Even a list of the ones you bought would help give me some idea of what they might have available...

I bought about six each of the 10" elephant lockbacks, white cat lock backs with swing guards, about four 8" white handle lockback stilettos with swing guards, about three 13" wood 007s, about three 11" polished steel and multi colored wood 007s, and about five other one of a kinds, and two wood handle wolf knives with swing guards.....

tom19176 said:
I bought about six each of the 10" elephant lockbacks, white cat lock backs with swing guards, about four 8" white handle lockback stilettos with swing guards, about three 13" wood 007s, about three 11" polished steel and multi colored wood 007s, and about five other one of a kinds, and two wood handle wolf knives with swing guards.....

Wood handle wolf knife.. yes, that's the one I've got. It says "wolf" on one side and the head of a wolf on the other??
This takes me back a few years.. I'm having a flashback. They sound pretty cool. :thumbup:
Not to be a PITA about it, any chance you can take pics of your collection?

Thanks. I got the pictures.
That's a VERY impressive collection, even with the Westbury "cheese" added to it. :D
How much are the 8 inch white handle/black cat swinguard stilettos (the ones with the straight handles)?
And, how much are the white handle/black cat and wood handle/wolf swinguard knives?

hey all, being from long island for most of my life that name really brought back memories. i ordered an elephant knife from them in 9 th grade. i thought it was the cats ass at the time. came in a plain leather sheath. compared to what we have now it was a piece of ****. westbury sales also sold pepper spray , a small leather covered gentlemans knife, and a host of other goodies .other than nostalgia there would be no reason to seek out any of their wares as they are all absolute garbage as compared to anything we have today. thanks for the trip down memory lane , hi.

they are cheap, but higher quality then most Pakistan and some China knives made today......the steel is not good but they served their purpose....lol

I ordered a stiletto from them in the early 70's. I carried that knife with me in Jr. High school. Times sure have changed a bit since then!

I carried some of their products for years also.......they were cheap but some held up fairly well.....

I had a stiletto from them too. I carried it in high school back in the 70's. I gave it away to a close friend who wanted it.
It took me a few minutes to remember the ads, then it came back..

Didn't they sometimes just advertise the stiletto's in a small ad?

Yes they had an ad for a stiletto for $2.75 that went up to $3.75 in the end.....I was amazed to see these sold by this dealer all brand new.....the mirror polished blades are impressive...not good steel but very high polished finishes....

Back