Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
6-18-06-1.JPG

6-18-06-2.JPG

6-18-06-3.JPG

6-18-06-4.JPG

SURPRISE!! SURPRISE!! (EVEN TO HI)
NEW-NEVER OFFERED PREVIOUSLY

9 5/8" 6 OUNCE WESTERN STYLE KNIFE BY YUVRAJ KAMI

The 3 finger grip handle is made of Montana Elk Antler.
Below the brass guard is a single ring of black water buffalo horn.
Above the bolster are two rings of black water buffalo horn with a small space between the rings. These rings make this knife quite elegant.
The maroon colored scabbard is leather and has a special pouch for a Magic Stone to sharpen the blade.
Our Shop has tried to design this knife to more resemble western style knives. I hope you will be as pleased as I am.
Price $135.00 *SOLD*

Email to order

That's a real beauty. Somewhere between a fishing/fighting knife and that Bark River Svashtar posted in the Cantina. :thumbup:

I feel like I'm getting redundant, but so many of the HI knives and khuks really are things of beauty.

~tmd

That looks a lot like my Schrade Golden Spike my mom got me for my 16th birthday. A magic stone as well. If I wasn't getting ready to buy my own computer, I'd snag this one.

Bob

dang.....they're getting better and better...! :thumbup:

DannyinJapan said:
i told you Yuvraj had talent for knives...

Yup, he's definitely one to keep an eye on, excellent job on this one. I've got an example of his work and immediately liked what I saw. :thumbup:

Sarge

Beautifully done. It reminds me of my Randall, but the blade shape is a little different.

Man thats gorgeous. I'm just loving it. All spent out after Blade show though. Somebody snag it.

Wonderful!
Too beautiful for me to destroy/stain up. Wow! I love that design..everything about it. The stacked spacers make it look like a collector's piece for the ages. :)

Jake

The kamis continue to be completely unpredictable. Nice.

Remember that way-cool trident thingee?

and you can always tell an HI sheath by the "state of Oklahoma" snaps. :thumbup:

Mike

Yangdu, Yuvraj has indeed outdone himself on this one, he as well as you are to be congratulated!
Very, Very nice.

Dick

I'll offer a dissenting opinion on this one.

The spacers detract from the appearance in my opinion. I think it would look way better without them.

I don't know anything about the HI customer base, but I wonder if Hi gets closer and closer to western style smallish knives if the fit and finish issue, comparatively speaking, will raise its head?

I'm glad to see different things coming out, and you know this is my first ever negative critique. I just wonder if the khukuri and the unique big knife segment ( as well as unique small knives!)is a better place for HI's efforts.

It's not my call, but just offfering my honest perspective, so HI gets input that it can use from the other side of the coin too.

"wounds from a friend can be trusted, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful."

Tom

gravertom said:
I'll offer a dissenting opinion on this one.

The spacers detract from the appearance in my opinion. I think it would look way better without them.

I don't know anything about the HI customer base, but I wonder if Hi gets closer and closer to western style smallish knives if the fit and finish issue, comparatively speaking, will raise its head?

I'm glad to see different things coming out, and you know this is my first ever negative critique. I just wonder if the khukuri and the unique big knife segment ( as well as unique small knives!)is a better place for HI's efforts.

It's not my call, but just offfering my honest perspective, so HI gets input that it can use from the other side of the coin too.

"wounds from a friend can be trusted, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful."

Tom

I used to worry about some of that stuff Tom, but I don't anymore. Way I look at it, if khukuris, etc., are the meat and potatoes, knives like this one are just a nice pinch of salt and pepper. :D

Sarge

I liked it. It's gone now so I use past tense, right?

My first thought it was lovely and looked homemade. That bad?
I don't notice the JKM's looking that homemade. It would not take long before the Kamis were cranking them out in finer line, but would that be 'better'? I don't think so.

I can almost see Steve McQueen in Nevada Smith holding that one....
But this is self determining anyway; if enough people thought the look 'too' homemade then the sales would lag and we would not have a Western Style knife.

Seems to me there have been several HI knives that did not strike the exact bullseye on the first few offereings.
I doubt if those who own the 'first' are selling them any time quick.

munk

The quality of the antler on that is very nice! I would have liked to have snagged that, had I the $.

Question: Is new Kami Yuvraj who has been doing these new knives, including that great one Danny got, the same as new shop foreman Raj?

I ask only because we saw a few from Raj that were really outstanding. The R5 for example I got from Raj was perfect, but haven't seen anything from him since. Maybe it's the same guy?

Norm

Back