Wharncliffe Carbide edge Ti Necker - First Look

I think you should go for the carbidized spine. I like that look and no one else does it as far as I know.

There is really no use for diamond dusting the spine on a kitchen knife. I might consider doing it on the spine near the logo (logo was not put on yet in pic) for the pinch grip.

ban how long does it take you to put the carbide-embedded to a knife :thumbup:

ban how long does it take you to put the carbide-embedded to a knife :thumbup:

It is quite fast when the machine is put on the highest setting. Probably a few minutes.

Well then..... I am not sure if I should post pics. :D

Ah what the hell.... I took a WIP pic already.

5486742251_f826fda11a_b.jpg

Nice! :thumbup:

If I were made of money, I'd get a nice set of steel kitchen knives from you, and a couple of "everyone can use it" beater carbide-Ti knives :)

"everyone can use it" beater carbide-Ti knives :)

I like that idea, but wouldn't thrashing into the wrong kind of surface still ruin the edge?

Sometimes it's hard to correct someone to not chop on Corian and Granite, you know :eek:

I like that idea, but wouldn't thrashing into the wrong kind of surface still ruin the edge?

Sometimes it's hard to correct someone to not chop on Corian and Granite, you know :eek:

It will most definitely roll the edge if a granite counter is used as a chopping block. That is a quick way to ruin a nice edge on any knife.

Yeah, but I'd rather them be chopping or cutting on the countertop or leaving the knife wet and dirty after use with a Ti knife rather than an high-end steel knife. After using this necker, I know I wouldn't mind steeling out a rolled edge and simply stropping to expose more carbide if needed, but I'd be very annoyed to have to actually sharpen a good steel to remove nicks or put a good edge back on if someone throws it in the dishwasher....

Yeah, but I'd rather them be chopping or cutting on the countertop or leaving the knife wet and dirty after use with a Ti knife rather than an high-end steel knife. After using this necker, I know I wouldn't mind steeling out a rolled edge and simply stropping to expose more carbide if needed, but I'd be very annoyed to have to actually sharpen a good steel to remove nicks or put a good edge back on if someone throws it in the dishwasher....

That's a very good point. The Carbidized Ti is a whole lot easier to maintain. :thumbup:

Back