Wharncliffe Delica - any interest? (Pics)

f7229a90d5674c4f6217c06431c4b180.jpg
Someone said Wharncliffe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was worth the trouble, bro. It looks great. Thanks for sharing.

thanks jazzz,could i ask if you are the one who worked with spyderco to make this wharncliffe blade/delica possible!but its just a grate idea to come along.

thanks jazzz,could i ask if you are the one who worked with spyderco to make this wharncliffe blade/delica possible!but its just a grate idea to come along.

I guess I am. I really was unhappy with all the knives I used at work, I voiced my opinion to Sal and Eric. They listened. They are awesome guys. I find the blade and handle combo here works so well, I can't believe it - really. I slash cut a garbage bag on Saturday at work so I could tie it. I had to look twice to see if I cut it - it was a clean cut and I didn't even feel it. The straight blade doesn't slip off the material. I say a big thank you to Micheal Janich for his wisdom is in order too. My second one is in the mail. :)

So I finally caved and ordered one! It's gonna be a long week haha.

I'm really excited to put this knife to work at the warehouse.

So I finally caved and ordered one! It's gonna be a long week haha.

I'm really excited to put this knife to work at the warehouse.

Let us know how you like it. You might want to thin the edge a bit. Makes it cut cardboard way better.

You'll like it, and that there is a cool knife too!

I'm kinda bummed that there is no plain-edge Rescue anymore. The ATS-55 is no great shakes compared to some of the recent super steels, but it sharpens easily and stays usefully sharp for quite a while. I've been an industrial electrician for 30 years, and that is the most useful knife I have owned in that time. She's had a hard life. Been lost and found a couple times, dropped down manholes, covered in mud, cut wood, plastic, sheetrock, sheet metal, turned screws, jimmied doors, stripped wire from 20 gauge to bigger than your thumb, and generally abused.

EDIT: When I do get a wharnie Delica, I'll probably break the tip in about 2 days.

Last edited:
255 posts about this knife since June. Unless all the interest is from a very vocal minority, I'm thinking the wharnie is a hit. Love mine.

Last edited:
255 posts about this knife since June. Unless all the interest is from a very vocal minority, I'm thinking the wharnie is a hit. Love mine.

Another nice pic. Enjoy your knife. By the way, could your name be any more complicated? ;)

8386E7CF-3A22-44D6-A796-8D3A3C2271DC_zpshpa0hjc2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
36AA15F7-F7DD-410C-A80A-5F72987D8FF6_zpsge4ierlu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
A5E2B379-1836-43A9-8988-DF7C99A8B01D_zps2htnly4g.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Russian scales. I smoothed edges, rounded the front part, and ground out a relief for the opening hole.

Great pics, jazzz. The scales look very clean.

I'm happy to report that this knife is crushing it at the warehouse. It just destroys the heavy duty strapping that holds pallets together, not to mention tape and heavy plastic sheeting.

I'm gonna use it all this week and see how the edge does. I don't have much experience with Spydie's VG-10. Gonna try my best not to touch it up at the end of each shift, but I'm notorious for doing that haha.

grownstar - Nice pic. I strop mine on a steel (backwards) periodically to keep the edge aligned between touchups, and I can go quite some time. Of course, I have steels at work because I work in a kitchen, but I do have them at home too. Just plain steels, not diamond "steels".

Back