What’s Everyone Carrying?

I've been carrying a Ruger LCRx in a left-handed belly band. It works fairly well. My shoulder surgery was in April of last year and I'm right on the edge of being able to reach back to my 3:30 with my right hand. I can't quite rest my hands on my hips yet. Crime is fairly low here in Bozeman (although we've had a few homicides over the last year:oops:) but I still CCW. It's more comforting to have my HK P2000 but I can't draw right handed yet. My LCRx is loaded up with 158gr +P Underwood hard cast, going for max penetration as the .38 Special isn't a powerhouse round.

Hi John -

I normally carry a snubbie in a pocket holster RFP.

I do occasionally go to other carry pieces, The Kimber Ultra RCP II being an alternate favorite, but I still present better with the shrouded-hammer snubbie out of a pocket holster than any other carry method I have tried.

On the knife front, as you know I have a ton of ZT/Kershaw and Spyderco knives so I have been regularly rotating one of those knives in each week just to get them some use and enjoy them.

I will commit to doing a JK of the Week and see if anyone else will join in the fun. I have several folks who like my weekly ZT/Kershaw pictures, but only two or three that try to carry the same or similar knife for the week. Let's see what the JK crowd can do - although I know only a few of us have a large assortment of JK's from which to choose.

And, of course, I always have my Victorinox Waiter in my left front pocket no matter what.

best

mqqn

SIG P365 XL RZ . Sits on the desk while I’m working from home and goes most everywhere permitted . I have a few different holsters from Alabama Holster. I’ll update with a pic when I can take one. Glad you’re doing better, John,

I've been carrying my 351PD in a slip holster in a coat pocket since cold weather set in. During hunting season I carried my LCP in 22lr in the same manner, actually the same holster.
At home I normally don't carry. There is more than one gun "stashed" where kid safe but still readily available.

Carrying a knife and a phone.😀. No guns….yet. Someone said I should get a 9MM as a first. I always liked the look of the Browing Hi power. Not made anymore I think. Maybe a Ruger SA in 22 long or magnum.

Actually, there ate several BHP clones on the market currently.
Springfield, girsan, eaa, fn, etc...
Some ate called hi-power, some the P35

I’ve read good reviews on the Springfield P35 clone. I had an original P35 years ago. I still have a Ruger Single Six in .22 LR/ .22 magnum
Carrying a knife and a phone.😀. No guns….yet. Someone said I should get a 9MM as a first. I always liked the look of the Browing Hi power. Not made anymore I think. Maybe a Ruger SA in 22 long or magnum.

It's remade and yes get one

Thanks. Just watched a video of the SA 35, cool slight changes they made to the FN version.

Last edited:
I've been carrying a Ruger LCRx in a left-handed belly band. It works fairly well. My shoulder surgery was in April of last year and I'm right on the edge of being able to reach back to my 3:30 with my right hand. I can't quite rest my hands on my hips yet. Crime is fairly low here in Bozeman (although we've had a few homicides over the last year:oops:) but I still CCW. It's more comforting to have my HK P2000 but I can't draw right handed yet. My LCRx is loaded up with 158gr +P Underwood hard cast, going for max penetration as the .38 Special isn'months werhouse round.
I used to just set a s&w 446 in my sling after shoulder surgery for a few months

I was digging through the safe and thought I would check the serial number on my old Single Six to see when it was made. 1981, it’s the oldest one I have, it’s the one I taught all my girls to shoot with.
I love the Single Six. I never carry one concealed around town but have spent many days in the woods with one on my belt.
The oldest one I have was made in 1954. It's still in good shape to the point I almost feel guilty when I carry it. I think my favorite variation is the Bisley. I shoot it better than most other revolvers, just feels natural when I point it.

My father had a Ruger Single Six with the long 9.5" barrel, it sported a funky, early pistol scope of 2 power or even less. Dad could really shoot that thing, When we would go squirrel hunting the bushytail fox squirrels were in trouble, dad with his long barrel revolver and me with the Ruger 10/22 International carbine. Late 60's and early 70's
Best shot I ever saw Dad make was a hovering crow, in the air! Dad eventually switched over to a Thompson Center Contender Single shot pis
tol for most of his hunting and plinking, a tradition I have kept up! I did recently buy on of those cheapo Ruger Wranglers for my Wife, will report on it after we use it some.

Back