What’s your trigger?

What’s your trigger?

• Buddy recommended it to me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Got it since the GF/wife wasn’t looking.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Just a fun (hopefully) casual thread. Curious how you guys zero in on the next prey. I’ve been looking at some Beckers lately and they’re looking more and more attractive.

definitely the "I want that!"

I've noticed I am more susceptible to it after a rough day or three at work, buying stuff to cheer myself up and have an incoming package to look forward to. also as a treat on holidays and my birthday. i sometimes wonder if i should stop, but then... I want that!

My trigger? Competition trigger group.

skkfuI9.jpg

It's also got a competition cam block and solid metal guide rod.

Eventually I'll put a metal trigger on it.

I see something online (usually while inebriated) and go, I want that.

definitely the "I want that!"

I've noticed I am more susceptible to it after a rough day or three at work, buying stuff to cheer myself up and have an incoming package to look forward to. also as a treat on holidays and my birthday. i sometimes wonder if i should stop, but then... I want that!

Hell yeah, I-want-that squad.

My trigger? Competition trigger group.

skkfuI9.jpg

It's also got a competition cam block and solid metal guide rod.

Eventually I'll put a metal trigger on it.
A Beretta man I see. Nice blaster you got there. My gramps also purchased a Px4 compact late last year I think. The ergonomics are topnotch. We’ve yet to test it at the range unfortunately.

Hope you got better accuracy than them Stormtroopers. :D

Usually see something online that I want, OOOH the LC200N version is nice too!

My other trigger is a CMC 3.5lb flat blade.

Just a fun (hopefully) casual thread. Curious how you guys zero in on the next prey. I’ve been looking at some Beckers lately and they’re looking more and more attractive.

"It's a knife that I would make if I could", is my Poll answer.

A Beretta man I see. Nice blaster you got there. My gramps also purchased a Px4 compact late last year I think. The ergonomics are topnotch. We’ve yet to test it at the range unfortunately.

Hope you got better accuracy than them Stormtroopers. :D

Well I can massively out shoot my cousin, who went to the naval academy, 8 years as a captain in the Marines, and an FBI agent for 12 years. That should suffice.

The Beretta is impressively accurate. The upgrades make it stellar, though I wish it was a 9mm and not a .40.

It's a range and home defense gun. My carry (when Illinois finally gets around to mailing my CC permit) will be a Sig P365SAS and a Steyr M9-A1.

I haven't found the perfect knife for me yet. I've got a couple that come damn near close to being perfect for me... but they aren't so I keep looking online I guess... And while I'm looking I find lots of other models I like and get.

I am first zeroing at some brands
CRK, Koenig, RHK, Emerson, TRM, Spyderco, ProTech, ZT, BM, etc... I have +/-10 brands that I like and that I follow
If something new comes from them I check if I have some interest in it.

After some time I realise I like some designs more than others
As usual for me I have 2 different categories that I like : sub. 3” and 3.5” range
Depending of the category I with have some designs that appeals me more than others
I guess that all of us build their personal preferences based on taste and experience of previous knives ...

I haven't found the perfect knife for me yet. I've got a couple that come damn near close to being perfect for me... but they aren't so I keep looking online I guess... And while I'm looking I find lots of other models I like and get.

That's pretty much me. Always looking for the perfect knife (see quote in sig line).
But on occasion, I just see something I want to own, even though I have no actual use for it. Most of my fixed blades fall into that category.

I only need one knife. But it has to be the right one. And how do I know that a knife is not the right one if I've not tried it? So the number of knives in my knife drawer keep increasing as first I try one, then another. They all have been carried and used. Many are still carried from time to time.

I see a knife and go "I MUST HAVE THAT!", but I also buy based on my needs (#3). In that case I see a knife and go "I want that" and then twist my logic so that it fits those needs ;)

I go in on "I buy a knife based on my needs" but it usually boils down to "I want that"

Back