What a beautiful RAT!

JACKMANDU

Gold Member
Platinum Member
I got my Mega Ratweiler today. What a beauty! This grind is very cool. I think it starts as a hollow grind in the slicing section, then goes to a flat grind in the chopping sweet spot, and becomes convex at the curve to the tip. The swamp comp is very nice! The machining marks look great and will hide scratches nicely. I love the Logo! I took a hike as soon as I got the shop grease cleaned off her. Here are the pics. Enjoy!View attachment 1308604 View attachment 1308605 View attachment 1308606 View attachment 1308608 View attachment 1308609 View attachment 1308610 View attachment 1308612 View attachment 1308614 View attachment 1308615

Recommended way to clean this is either Cosmoline Remover (likely best, but expensive product from manufacturer of product applied to blade ... RP-342 Fast Drying Translucent Protective Wax Coating) or any petroleum solvent will also work pretty well (mineral spirits, etc).

Love the swamp-comp finish. Great pictures too -

I also used hot water and dish soap, but wd-40 is what I would use on a gun to remove cosmoline, and that would work here too I bet.

best

mqqn

Of course! good old fashion dish soap and hot water :)
I used up a good bit of rubbing alcohol to strip the tenacious grease off mine.....

Mineral Spirits for oily/greasy removal on steel. :thumbsup:

It's as simple as wipe on, then wipe off with clean patch, zero elbow grease required.

Good for shoe scuffs on floors too. Was shown that laying linoleum.

If I hadn't been taught that shortcut I would've rubbed a hole in some of the floors I helped lay-- and still wouldn't have removed the marks. :(

Everyone needs to keep a quart or two of the stuff on hand, imho.

Did you guys reapply oil after removing the protective grease? I don’t bother on competition finish Infi but is it necessary on the bare sr101 if I live in a dry area? (California)

Did you guys reapply oil after removing the protective grease? I don’t bother on competition finish Infi but is it necessary on the bare sr101 if I live in a dry area? (California)
I would add some mineral oil or renaissance wax just to be safe on bare SR101 if you want to keep it looking purty. If you like the patina look, I would do a forced patina with mustard or vinegar.

What a fat rat! Someone got into the cheese stash. I'm so happy that knives are arriving and pictures are showing up for this one. I recently ordered the blue coat with tan handle. Better late to the cheese stash than never.

Put a patina on it.

Make salsa, with spicy jalapenos

Very nice !!! Love the pics , beautiful country side :) and the knife ;):thumbsup:

I got my Mega Ratweiler today. What a beauty! This grind is very cool. I think it starts as a hollow grind in the slicing section, then goes to a flat grind in the chopping sweet spot, and becomes convex at the curve to the tip. The swamp comp is very nice! The machining marks look great and will hide scratches nicely. I love the Logo! I took a hike as soon as I got the shop grease cleaned off her. Here are the pics. Enjoy!View attachment 1308604 View attachment 1308605 View attachment 1308606 View attachment 1308608 View attachment 1308609 View attachment 1308610 View attachment 1308612 View attachment 1308614 View attachment 1308615

Beautiful blade and exquisite country! Wow on both, especially the country. That tan canvas is my favorite!!! Tan satin/muddy brown/sage/even blue and especially DCBB!!!

Mineral Oil and a paper towel works for me. Just my 2 cents. Also just USE THE HECK out of it. LOVE ALL of the pics.
XOXO
Amy-0

Back