...what a long strange trip...

The Tourist

Banned
In December 1996, I saw an add for Emerson handmade knives in the back of one of my magazines. Since I have always chosen the best whenever I could, I called in an order.

A few weeks later, I received an invoice dated January 1997, and I was issued the invoice number 1089. Unfortunately, the company that I was working for was bought out during a merger, as happened in that era, and I began to look for a new job.

I did call an on-line knife company since my area has no B&M stores, and I ordered a 970SBT, and a 970ST to hold me over during the period my handmade knife was on order.

However, the job market was slow during those days, and my chosen profession was quite stressful. The Emerson and invoice 1089 were forgotten.

One day I went to cut a silly piece of string, and I looked at the 970SBT. Oh my, I figured, I'm not at that phone number anymore! I don't even have the same credit card! Yikes, my order has been lost!

I called Emerson Knives immediately. I remarked to the customer service woman, ha ha, I think I made a big mistake, ha ha. I ordered a knife, tee hee, and then like a dope, I left no forwarding info, guffaw, and if Ernie isn't too mad, can I still have my knife?

What's my invoice number? Why it's 1089.

*rustle of papers* *keyboard strokes*

Another year? Well, yes, I do know that Mr. Emerson is quite busy...of course I want the knife...no, I'm not trying to be difficult...

Five years go by. Two more new jobs. Two more new phone numbers. A new cell phone. We move. I write Emerson Knives an e-mail. I get a polite reply.

I retire. I create my own sharpening business. I then get a resellers' licence. Certainly, the old handmade CQC7 is on a dusty shelf somewhere. Either that, or Ernie must have figured I have died and now a new crop of SEALs has gone to the mideast, all needing hard use knives.

I shrug. One of these new SEALs got an old 1996 knife. I wish him good luck and health, and I forget about my knife.............

May 1, 2006. I have become a successful sharpener, and my services are now sought. I have been invited to a salon that has been victimized my an untrained tradesman who has ruined several pairs of expensive scissors. I set up my waterstones and I begin to work. My cell phone rings.

Yes, ma'am, I did order a knife a decade ago. My invoice number? Why it's 1089. Yes, it is an old four-digit number. Do I like Emerson knives? Why, yes I do. I bought Benchmades, and now five CQC-7B's and one large Commander.

What? My knife is ready for shipment. Still want it? Yes, yes, I'd like to have it. Did you guys find it on an old shelf? Oh, it's just been completed. I see. Wait, I have a new credit card number, address, etc.

So, here I sit, Friday, May 5, 2006. Cinco de Mayo day, and there is much to celebrate.

The Mexicans have thrown the French out of their country, and I have a new handmade CQC-7.

I probably should write to Ernie and thank him. I'll wait a few days. My guess is that he is sick of invoice 1089, and he'd rather forget the whole thing.

(Thanks, Ernie, the knife is beautiful.)

The Tourist

Banned
Yes, I can get some. I have a simple digital camera. I'm not quite sure how to post pics here.

This is the first 'handmade' from Ernie that I have personally handled.

The edge is different from his company's usual CQC-7B. It appears to have a slight polishing radius on the obverse side.

It also has a tan micarta handle that I have only seen in pictures.

(I'm still playing with the knife. My Strider Gen2 SnG is still riding with me as my EDC. The CQC7 goes back into the knife drawer. And I'm not kidding myself, I know what this handmade is now worth. But I almost slid the knife into my jeans this morning...)

The Tourist

Banned
SIFU1A said:
is it a CQC7?

Yes it is.

As a reseller, I have boxes full of high-end stuff, the intent is to sell it. Sometimes I find a good one for personal use.

At the moment, it's the centerpiece of my collection, right next to a one-in-five Strider AR.

GigOne

Gold Member
The Tourist said:
I have boxes full of high-end stuff. . . .

BOXES?? ? ? Oh the burden. You MUST entertain us with the vastness of your personal gathering. . . .and. . . .store !

The Tourist said:
Yes, I can get some. I have a simple digital camera. I'm not quite sure how to post pics here.

Need to post pics? Ahhhh, piece-o-cake.

Once you take the pics. . . . .upload them here: http://photobucket.com/

And the hosting is free !

Share ~ ~ ~ if you dare. :D

The Tourist

Banned
Boxes? Well, of course, douche, I sell them.

Esav is still a member here. I'll snap one and send it to him.

edit: At your request, oh great one, a pic of the CQC7 has been sent to Esav. I have asked him to post it for me. That is, unless you think he's a liar. In which case I guess we can have his rabbi's mom do it, if that's okay?

To prove it is actually my knife, and for the fun of shutting your pie hole, I placed the knife on my set of colors. Since they all are decorated differently, they can be easily documented as mine. That is, unless you think the entire city of Madison is lying to you...

GigOne

Gold Member
Let's recap. . . .due to your previous history of being a lying POS, poser!

The Tourist said:
As a reseller, I have boxes full of high-end stuff. . . . .

The Tourist said:
To prove it is actually my knife. . . .

Well, Ron of the Mo variety, post pics of the "boxes full of high-end stuff" that you so righteously boast about. Better yet, post pics of the enormous gathering of knives in YOUR supposed knife store.

One little Emerson makes not "boxes full of high-end stuff" or "a budding "knife business."

The Tourist said:
. . . .they can be easily documented as mine. That is, unless you think the entire city of Madison is lying to you...

ROTFLMFAO As usual, you make absolutely no rational sense, Poser.

GigOne

Gold Member
The Tourist said:
My guess is that there will never be enough...

Then you would guess wrong, Chico ! Nice nickname, for a chiseled Sicilian. :confused:

You talk waaaaaay too much smack, in your feeble attempt to impress and you love to duck and hide, as a means of skirting the real point. Wow, pretty much like you've done in this thread.

You're the one that opened the box (pun intended), ya braggart. You've come back to BFC with talk of being a knife dealer, boxes of high-end goodies, etc., etc., etc. . . . . . . .

Dayum tuff biker boy, your claims are easy to substantiate. You have a digital camera and you've been provided a free photo hosting site. Stop hiding behind Esav and the entire city of Madison. :D

In other words, is ya real. . . .or is ya still a poser ? It's time to put up. . . .or. . . .STFU ! Proof is in the pudding, mouth. :D