What are the best gift knives this year?

What are the best gift knives this year? You know, stocking stuffers and etc. that are cheap enough to give everyone?

I just saw that Al Mar has a keyring knife made of D2 and it is around $15. Cold Steel has the Super Edge for about $18.

What else is there?

Dadpool

Gold Member
A SAK Classic is always a good choice (although I prefer the Rambler, which can be a bit more), and Opinel makes all sorts of good options. The No.8 in stainless is a solid choice. Both of those should be under $20.

P.C.E.

Gold Member
I got my dad and brother Giant Mouse knives, great EDC for people that aren't big knife people but appreciate a good cutting tool.

guy g

Platinum Member
My youngest son and son in law are getting SAK Spartans and my middle son is getting a Recruit. Wife and Daughter already have Super Tinkers.

comis

Gold Member
A 2-3 layers SAK or a Delemont SAK with locking blade is always a good gift.

mwhich50

Basic Member
My father will be getting these for Xmas. Both are around $20.
s-l300.jpg
DSC06728.JPG

eveled

Gold Member
SAK classics are always good stocking stuffers. Everyone appreciates it, and the one from last year is usually either broken or lost.

Henry Beige

Gold Member
CS Kudu, Finn Bear, Pendleton Lite
Mora 510, 511 and its variants.

A Micra used to be .a good one at $20, a little harder to swallow at $30.

bdmicarta

Gold Member
I always think that the knives I have for sale are the ones that are best for gifts. :D

If you want low priced knives for gifts- There are the Spyderco knives in the Tenacious line and the Byrd line, Kershaw has a lot of good choices including the Skyline, Kabar makes I think several different sizes of the Dozier folder.

Buck 110 and 112 slim select. Inexpensive, usa made with a forever warranty. Several different colors last I checked. Very solid lightweight knives. Last Christmas I gave away a half dozen or more.

sabre cat

Basic Member
Another vote for a SAK Spartan or Recruit.

Pioneer or Cadet if you want to go up class a little bit.

I think a SAK model chosen for the person's needs wins hands down.
My 80 year old mother saw a small SAK I was carrying and asked if she could have it......I gave to her and she kept in her purse.

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC