What are the best insoles to use while standing on concrete for long hours?

I'd be interested to see that research. My doctor told me I developed PF because I spent too much time barefoot after my daughter was born, and needed to support my arches.

One caveat; I am overweight and put on an additional 20+ lbs during the same period.

So thats why Im a granded teddy bear these days having four kids!

I had a job that required 12 hour days on concrete. Standing the whole time. IMO changing the insoles often is the best strategy. I've used good ones to cheapos and they all work for a time. All of them need to be replaced eventually. The spendy ones just last a little longer. One thing I noticed, the gels DO NOT work for this. Dunno why but they're just not good. You're going to want the anti-fatigue mats in conjunction with new insoles too.

if your feet hurt in the middle of the day or at the end of the day,your shoes or boots
are TWO small.Have your feet measured and get a size and a half to two sizes larger regardless of how or who measures your feet.Get two pair of work foot wear and only use them for work.swap them out every day.socks get some good padded for hiking.Your feet ,ears and nose keep growing .Buy from a good shoe store and you usually have 30 days to return if they donnot work.

Been using Pro Arch supports from FootSmart for about 15 yrs. They are made of something that looks like FRN and at 20.00
a pair won't break the bank.

Foot comfort is a very personal matter and what works best for me might not work best for you. That being said, I've tried many different combinations and what works best for me while standing on concrete for long periods of time are quality boots with crepe wedge soles (I prefer Vibram Cristy) with a Superfeet insole (Green or Orange) and quality wool socks. The Danner Bull Run and Red Wing Classic Round (or Moc) are examples of the kind of boots I'm referring to. I'm a long time Superfeet user and have occasionaly experimented with alternatives but always end up coming back to Superfeet.

I go to Walmart and stand on that machine and get the one it recommends. Still not cheap, but it's under $50.00 bucks. Just change them out as soon as everything starts to hurt. I have yet to find any that least longer then 3 months.

Try a pair of Timberland Pro workbooks. Have their own built in in-sole. I work construction and am on my feet sometimes 12 a hours a day. On concrete, steel beams, and walking across 2" rafters and I have yet to find a boot more comfortable. Give them a try if you don't like them within 30 days they will give you a full refund!

I am a speaker so I teach workshops all day. My feet used to be in agony at the end of the day until my wife introduced me to Merrels shoes. Since switching to Merrels, no more pain and the comfort is amazing. ALL my new shoes I buy are Merrels. (no, I don't work for them, but they should be paying me for the amount I recommend them.) :)

I just bought some Dr. Scholls pro, arch pain relief, because I have somewhat flat feet
and it cost me 15$, with reasonable reviews on amazon.
my feet ache a lot while I practice weld and torch metal, so I hope it'll help some.

I'll also be getting Dr. Scholls active series for morning walks.

When I worked in a warehouse, I was told that it helps to alternate your shoes. Wear one pair one day, and another the next. I don't know why it helps, but it does.

I agree with alternating shoes or boots in a work environment. The shoes are more comfortable. I think it has something to do with essentially drying out and releasing any memory that might be present on the insoles.

Rubber mats are nice for some jobs such as a barber or hairdresser, but would never be allowed in a meat factory.

I worked in a furniture factory with cement floors for several years while in school and the rubber mats were like gold. You had to hide yours at lunch or you'd come back and someone had made off with it. They did make a huge difference, though.

I wear superfeet blues:thumbup:, for me they're awesome and i no longer have aching feet from being on the go all day long. There are some stores that will let you try them on first.

Superfeet (orange) and a pair of Keen boots. My flat feet have never been happier.

I have Dr. Scholl’s Massaging Gel Work Insoles . Definitely it is one of the best Insoles on the market . Dr. Scholl’s has always been a brand name associated with inserts; therefore, it’s a name brand that offers a reputable product such as the Massaging Gel Work Insoles. These inserts are constructed with a gel platform that cushions and support your feet, plus reduces the aches and pains associated with tired feet. In addition, depending on the support you require, the gel comes in a variety of thickness; the firmer the gel, the more support. Plus, because of the inclusive gel in the inserts, they also provide a massaging quality, and for those who are subjected to hard surfaces for lengthy periods of time, this can be an added benefit. Furthermore, they are tough enough to withstand a hard working man’s lifestyle.

Necro thread.

I wear custom molded insoles from Road Runner sports. They run like $75 and are like orthotics. I get roughly 18 months to 2 years from a pair, and I wear them in all my shoes.

The softer foam ones feel comfortable at first but you have to change them a lot.

Strongly second the rubber mat idea. I worked long hours in a factory with concrete floors and the mats made a huge difference no matter what shoes you wore. We used to hide our mats at lunch time so they wouldn't "walk off" to the next machine station.

Back