What are these worth?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Ferrari353, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Ferrari353

Ferrari353

Aug 2, 2012
    I have four knives that I'd like to sell, but I've been away from the knife market for too long and I don't know what constitutes reasonable pricing for them. I have:
    1. ZDP-189 Endura
    2. VG-10 Delica
    3. Kershaw Junkyard Dog 2.2 (Blem)
    4. ZT 0350TS (Blem)
    All are lightly used, but used nonetheless. Pics: https://imgur.com/gallery/ZqJWHnx

Can anyone offer some general estimates for what I can expect for these? I apologize if this is the wrong section for this question. Thanks!

2. BladeScout

BladeScout Basic Member Basic Member

May 16, 2010
    Nice knives.

3. BladeScout

May 16, 2010
    The JYD is discoed and should be of interest for the Kershaw fans. Ive got one and quite like it.
    I see used Delicas go for around the 45-50 mark depending on generation/condition.
    Enduras a tad more expensive, that being in ZDP. Again depending on generation/condition.
    The ZT I dont know what goes for, as I havent followed the ZT prices.

Pogonasong likes this.
  4. BITEME

BITEME Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Jyd-150
    Zt-140
    Endura-75
    Delica-55
    Imho....

Deinos, Sharp & Fiery and Lapedog like this.
  5. rje58

rje58 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Seems a tad high to me, especially considering the JYD and ZT are blems. But whatever the market will bear...

Mo2 likes this.
  6. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Agree. Also I would not pay for saber grind as much as for FFG, on spyderco folders.

Mo2 likes this.
  7. Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja

Dec 19, 2018
    That ZT is a blem, used, and has no warranty.
    The "XXXX" stamped on the blade kills the value.
    It's not worth 140.

sgt1372 and Mo2 like this.
  8. BladeScout

May 16, 2010
    Im a fan of FFG on these as well. No doubt others prefer the sabre grind though.
    I wonder which version sells the best.

9. K.O.D.

K.O.D. Sanity Not Included Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Man, I wish the JYD had a tip up option. I wouldn't pay more than $85 for a used blem though, discoed or not. Blems don't get much love. 5 years ago I paid $80 for my first ZT, 0350TS blem that was lightly used.

10. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Way too high. Those top two are blems and used. No more than $100 each. The Spydercos are not in the most desirable configuration. Take $10-15 off.

sgt1372 likes this.
  11. Ferrari353

Ferrari353

Aug 2, 2012
    I also wish my Endura was FFG. Any consensus on what the two blems are worth? It's been so long I can't even remember what I paid for them.

12. Colorodo

Colorodo Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2014
    $100 for the JYD
    $80 for the ZT0350

13. BITEME

Dec 14, 2007
    I have never seen a zdp189 endura for 60?
    What you are talking about on the others,would be great bargains,fwiw I strongly support great knife deals:D

14. yamsi12

yamsi12 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2013
    This. I see 0350ts on the exchange for $100 that aren’t blems so the $80 is about right, maybe even a little less.

Bad Ninja likes this.
  15. BITEME

Dec 14, 2007
    I think I'll need to buy more knives, to hone my appraisal skills,
    to the others that posted let me know when you post in the sales page :D

16. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    In that configuration and condition $65 is not unrealistic.

As for the others, see what everyone else is saying.

17. Ferrari353

Ferrari353

Aug 2, 2012
    Thanks for the advice on these! Most have been sold with the help of y'all. I have a few more knives that I'd like some advice on for valuation, so is the "General Knife Discussion" the right place for it? Or does it belong somewhere else?

18. Psy223

Psy223

Dec 17, 2018
    I think there is a sticky on not asking “what’s this knife worth?” I think the rule is to prevent non paying members from brokering deals. You’re gold level so it wouldn’t apply to you,(I think), but I haven’t seen many other what’s it worth threads so I don’t know where the best place is to post it.

You could try a search in the exchange forum and see if similar knives are,or have recently been listed. The asking prices are frequently deleted after they are sold but not always

19. Yonose

Yonose

Jul 10, 2017
    I would ask $80 on the zdp endura. Don’t know about blems, but take $10-15 off retail for the delica if it isn’t used hard.