What are you watching & why? (splain)

This just dawned on me! When Nathan had said he wasn't going to watch a darn parade right after the post by fk121's (sorry, I will never be able to remember your full moniker!) I took it as if he was referring to the parade of actors on The Irishman! After my full on turkey dinner glow, the coin finally dropped that he was actually talking about the PARADE parade!

Well what can I say? I'm dumb-dumb-the-poop-head-bum! Now back to your regularly scheduled programming :)

I've started watching this today but the de-ageing stuff is really bad.

Yeah I think they did a much better job de-aging Kurt Russell in Guardians of the Galaxy II.
aI71HVz.jpg

If the technology is there to do it right how they can release a bad version is beyond me. I think all this CGI stuff will make these movies a laughing stock in 20 years.
Special Effects are always improving. Look at the stop motion B&W King Kong movies, and understand that at the time, that was state-of-the-art SFX.

When it comes to newer SFX tech, some studios/companies get the jump on others before the other companies start to figure it out and catch up. Until everyone's caught up, you get pretty varied results. The DeepFake technology is particularly fascinating/scary.

Anybody ever watch "Tripping the Rift"? Excellent adult cartoon show from a while back on the SciFi channel.

I haven't seen it but it looks good i'll try and find someway to watch it. Son of Zorn was a good mix of live action/ adult cartoon that I enjoyed. disappointed when it was cancelled

I've started watching this today but the de-ageing stuff is really bad.

If the technology is there to do it right how they can release a bad version is beyond me. I think all this CGI stuff will make these movies a laughing stock in 20 years.

Netflix and Scorsese must be reading this thread and specifically yours because there's a new 23 minute special of The Irishman where the main cast of De Niro, Pacino & Pesci are doing a round table discussion with Marty Scorsese discussing how good this new tech is which will probably let 'em act for another 30 years :D

Netflix and Scorsese must be reading this thread and specifically yours because there's a new 23 minute special of The Irishman where the main cast of De Niro, Pacino & Pesci are doing a round table discussion with Marty Scorsese discussing how good this new tech is which will probably let 'em act for another 30 years :D

I wish they would give me a seat at the table. No matter what they say it just looks awful.
It's very clever I agree, but it looks like a computer is doing something very clever rather than anything real

Back