What are you watching & why? (splain)

I'm watching Counterpart here at the moment. Currently rushing through season 2 before my 1 month free trial (starzplay on amazon) ends this week.
It's a good premise. Parallel worlds but really a spy drama. Some good acting done as the actors have to play themselves from different worlds convincingly. J.K Simmons in the lead is very good and Olivia Williams is always good too.
Definitely worth a watch. Cancelled after season 2 so hopefully it ends well

He seemed genuinely shocked she refused to drink his urine. Strange:)

Haha yeah. The episode which I “recommended” was picked specially because of how specially peculiar those characters were!

Henerally speaking, being prepared for disasters is a great practice. Having some skills and awareness backed with the tools and the supplies will most likely increase one’s chances to live and fight for this precious life for another day. Being super paranoid with hair-trigger proclivities though will probably get you killed among the very first!

Haha yeah. The episode which I “recommended” was picked specially because of how specially peculiar those characters were!

Henerally speaking, being prepared for disasters is a great practice. Having some skills and awareness backed with the tools and the supplies will most likely increase one’s chances to live and fight for this precious life for another day. Being super paranoid with hair-trigger proclivities though will probably get you killed among the very first!
Yeah, there's definitely a fine line between being prepared, and being a paranoid recluse. There's also a distinction between prepping vs hoarding.

I personally think it's just common sense to at least have enough food and regularly used provisions (eg. sanitary products and other commonly used household items) to last at least a month, ESPECIALLY for folks living in areas where disruption of utilities and services are a distinct possibility/likelihood (eg. Hurricanes, earthquakes, getting snowed in etc.).

Lol at the folks in hurricane prone areas who, despite NOAA warnings 10+ days out, wait until 2-3 days before landfall to rush to the store to stock up for their French Toast party (what the heck is with the bread, milk and eggs thing?).

Kind of a difference in mentalities between filling up the vehicle when it gets below half tank, vs perpetually waiting until the Empty/low gas light comes on before looking for a gas station.

The ones who go waaayyyy overboard on the other end, can definitely provide entertainment though :p

A big YAY! Better Call Saul S4 is on Netflix as of today 2/9 :D

In some respect, I have enjoyed this prequel to Breaking Bad, as much as I did enjoy BB. I was a late comer to both so I’m really glad to have found both of these on Netflix.

BCS S5 will start on AMC on Feb Sunday 23rd :) The show has apparently been renewed of one more but final season 6 by AMC :thumbsup:

Watched the 8th and final season, episode 1 of Homeland on SHO last night (an early release for today). Meh! Same old neurotic Carrie Mathison being a cowboy and doing her own things in her own subordinate way. I think that it’s about time to extinguish this show and same goes for Ray Donovan! SHO is really lagging behind HBO with anything original and recent bit JMHO.

BTW, most of these Middle Eastern settings must be filmed in either Morocco or Tunisia because downtown Kabul Afghanistan can not be lined with palm trees (those who know, know!). Well I know that no way in heck I’d take a TV drama series filming crew to Afghanistan for real but I can’t ignore such basic details whe I’m watching pretend crap :p

giphy.gif

Back after having watched all the John Wicks, This pretty much summed it up perfectly.
If you can somehow ignore how cheesy some of 3 is, Its bearable. And at least JW3 moves the story forward....Not sure towards what though:confused:
Yeah, I was disappointed in 3. Series got off to a great start and then went all video game on us.

Back